Organisation: Street Child
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of MEAL
Gross salary: 3m – 3.2 m UGX (dependent on experience)
Street Child is a UK charity, established in 2008, that aims to create educational opportunities for some of the world’s most vulnerable children. We believe in a world where all children are safe, in school and learning. Globally, Street Child operates in 35 countries among which is Uganda. In Uganda we are operating in both the refugee and development contexts.
Job Summary: The MEAL Officer will support the MEAL processes for projects; assist in planning, coordinating, supervising, monitoring and evaluating and documenting project activities in accordance with program documents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and administer monitoring tools to track program indicators; in line with the program implementation and M&E plans.
- Monitor data collection processes and provide technical support to the implementing teams.
- Monitor the key project performance indicators throughout the duration of the projects
- Review data files and perform data cleaning operations to ensure that reported data is consistent.
- Perform data analysis to produce required results for different reports.
- Conduct routine data quality assessments to ensure that data reported is accurate and consistent.
- Compile monthly project performance reports for implementing projects.
- Maintain and update program databases and online reporting systems.
- Work closely with other departments to finalise on project reports.
- Ensure the Complaint Feedback Mechanisms are functional and accessible to beneficiaries.
- Ensure that the agreed action plans are followed in timely manner by program team and that the feedback loop is closed.
- Maintain a complaints and feedback database while performing regular analysis of the feedback data.
Evaluation and Research
- Coordinate the implementation of internal evaluations.
- Lead on the development of evaluation tools which are project specific.
- Supervise data collection on a regular basis.
- Conduct relevant research studies for on going projects and write research reports on the study.
- Compile reports from evaluation studies to support the design and implementation of projects.
- Support partner organisations to strengthen M&E systems.
- Support in capacity building of project staff (from both Street Child and partner organisations) with focus on MEAL.
- Perform any other duty assigned by M&E Manager related to M&E.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Statistics, Information Management, Information Technology, Social Sciences or Economics. Additional training in Data Analysis and Data Management is an added advantage. A Post graduate diploma in M&E is preferred.
- Minimum of four years practical experience in M&E implementation in a non-governmental organization is an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of digital/ mobile data collection platforms such as; Kobo Collect, ODK.
- Have knowledge and experience of conducting focus group discussions and interviews.
- Experience in conducting research, creating evaluation tools, and compiling research reports.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and managing large datasets.
- Strong familiarity with project M&E frameworks
Highly desirable characteristics / skills include:
- A self-starter with a strong results orientation and with high levels of integrity, credibility and dependability.
- An energetic team player who can effectively collaborate, and who can stand alone when necessary.
- Ability to work in international settings and with various departments to implement successful programmes.
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver under pressure and on tight deadlines.
- Commitment to Street Child’s mission, vision and values, and the ability to convey with enthusiasm about Street Child’s work.
- High integrity, honesty and confidentiality; ability to deal tactfully and discreetly with situations, people and information.
- Acceptance of diversity and inclusion as a core value.
- Willingness to work in flexible, sub-optimal, stressful and unstable environment.
Position: This role will be based at head office in Kampala with regular travel to the field. This will be a one year contract with possible extension.
Street Child is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the communities we serve, our partners, our volunteers, and our staff. As part of this commitment to safeguarding, all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate background checks. Street Child also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
How to Apply:
Please email a CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 18th May 2023