Job Title: Temporary Finance Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Educate! prepares youth in Africa with the skills to succeed in today’s economy. We tackle youth unemployment by partnering with schools and governments to reform what schools teach and how they teach it, so that students in Africa have the skills to attain further education, overcome gender inequities, start businesses, get jobs and drive development in their communities. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors. Educate!’s goal is to make this practical, skills-based model part of national education systems.
Job Summary: Educate! An award winning non-profit social enterprise is looking for a self-driven, highly enterprising and enthusiastic candidate to fill the Temporary Finance Officer Position (1) in Uganda. The successful candidate will join our high performing Operations’ Team.
Key Performance Objectives
- Quick Book Posting (50%)
- Record Keeping (20%)
- Accounts Receivable (20%)
- Trainings (10%)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business administration (Accounting /Finance) or B. Commerce
- One to two years of experience working in accounting .
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent MS Word and Excel skills, Power point, Email, google drive etc.
- Quick books
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Thoroughness when accomplishing tasks
- Approachability & Team work
- Systems oriented, high integrity
- Experience in multitasking in a fast – paced environment, set priorities, work independently as well as thrive a team.
- Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.