Job Title: Reconciliation Lead
Organisation: Healthy Entrepreneurs (HE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Healthy Entrepreneurs (HE) is a social business based in the Netherlands, and in several countries in Eastern Africa. HE specializes in the implementation of last mile distribution models of reliable products and information that enhance health and the quality of life for people living in hard to reach and rural areas.
HE aims to contribute to solving social issues and improving access to basic health commodities and services by developing and implementing sound commercial business models. HE is implementing its franchise model via more than 10,000 Community Health Entrepreneurs (CHEs) in over 55 districts of Uganda today. For the Kampala office, we need an experienced reconciliation officer who will be able to lead the team that is responsible for the repayment of investment advance activities in our fast-growing organization plus the reconciliation of all sales activities. We select and train Community Health Entrepreneurs who start their own micro-enterprise. They pay a commitment fee/own investment and receive an investment advance from HE in the form of a starter kit and a smart phone. The starter kit contains a portfolio of basic health products (medicines, preventative, hygiene, and nutritional products). Through the apps on the smart phone, they can educate their communities and order new stock from HE. By selling products to their community, they are able to earn an income and pay back their loan over their first year. This needs to be managed well, and so this is where the reconciliation officer comes in.
Job Summary: We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic, and responsible finance professional with an analytical mind and good interpersonal and leadership skills who will implement the repayment of investment advance policy while forecasting, managing, and controlling credit risk in the company as per set of predefined KPIs and ensure all receivables from the field sales are handled correctly and in control.
Such a professional should be able to meet the increased requirements of a fast-growing organization. The reconciliation lead works closely together with the sales team as well as with the other people in the finance team. This position reports directly to the Finance Manager. The reconciliation officer plays a vital part in the smooth-running of the business and in the financial performance and risk management of the company and will work directly supervise 2 or 3 finance assistants and officers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Reconciliation & Credit Management
- Your key responsibility is to ensure the customer (CHE) accounts are timely and accurately reconciled, so that organization is at any time in full control of financial investments in their customers.
- In this role you work in our Finance Team. You directly report to the Finance Manager. You work closely together with finance officers and finance and reconciliation assistants.
- Generate the weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and forecasts for monitoring and reviewing by Finance Manager and Leadership Team
- Ensure that individual records of CHEs are continuously updated in our financial system Odoo.
- Solve loan balance complaints – ensure effective customer service together with call centre/customer service colleagues
- Ensure the credit repayment target is reached – in charge of repayments and encouragement of it, in close collaboration with sales teams
- Put forward recommendation for improvement of processes and output/results
- Issue repayment completion certificates to CHEs who have completed the repayment of their advance investment (in collaboration with sales team)
- Ensure all CHEs are continuously awareness of their repayment status of their investment advance (e.g. through messages, periodic reminders, payment methods)
- In charge of continuous monitoring, early warning, and the remedial action for defaulting CHEs, i.e warnings, exits and material recovery, including recommendations on process or policy improvement on this topic
- Analyze the CHE performance and advise on the CHEs that qualify for extra credit as per the company criteria
- Keenly monitor cluster performance on repayment of investment advance and inform sales team on this
- Build and promote strong client relations with CHEs.
- Work closely with sales team, call centre and warehouse in processes, customer care and feedback
- Build the capacity of sales team in managing repayments of investment advance of their CHEs
- Participate in meetings.
- Take part in all HE Academy trainings
- Any other activities that are needed to support the operations of Healthy Entrepreneurs Uganda smoothly.
Place of Assignment: Main place of work will be in Kampala. The reconciliation lead agrees to live in Kampala, minimal travel to the field may be required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The reconciliation officer must have:
- A Bachelor/master’s degree (a CFA degree or in last years is appreciated), any degree in business preferably accounting or CPA level 2, ACCA 2 or higher diploma accounting plus at least 3 years of relevant experience in accounting, reconciliation or financial reporting
- Strong analytical, critical, and inquisitive skills
- Strong coordinating & organization skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands
- Very good English language skills, ability to communicate in one local language
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Very strong ability to analyze and interpret numbers and data
- Good Microsoft office skills, particularly excellent Excel skills, extensive experience with bookkeeping systems
- Team spirit: interested in team result, able to work with a wide range of people at different levels.
- Decent interpersonal skills in a culturally diverse environment, ability to communicate in a constructive and proactive manner
- The ability to be precise and conscientious, eye for detail
- Honest, transparent, mature and enjoys the confidence of others
- Demonstrates a considerable autonomy/self-starting and accountable attitude
- While working in a structured and conscientious manner, must be flexible and adaptable and match with our dynamic culture
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and evening or weekend shifts, when needed.
How to Apply:
For more information or to submit your application as soon as possible, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please accompany your CV with a sound motivation. Please take note that empty emails, and motivation letters that are a repetition of the CV and do not mention why you are interested in this role with this particular organization will not be shortlisted.