Job Title: Communications Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Statewide Insurance Company Limited (SWICO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Corporate Affairs
Statewide Insurance Company Limited (SWICO) is a Ugandan based Leading Insurance Company with branches all over the Country.
Job Summary: The Communications Officer will implement information and communications management strategies that promote client and general public awareness of company services
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire, organize and distribute information in printed form and other media
- Identify, select, order and manage information in a variety of media
- Provide input to the design of the SWICO Communication and lobbying Strategy
- Update SWICO activities on the website
- Liaise with the house media on appropriate publicity and sensitization of SWICO
- Continuously identify highlights of SWICO activities for flagging as breaking news
- Draft press releases
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Mass Communication/marketing or business with specialization in communications or public relations
- A Master’s degree qualification in any of the above fields from a recognised institution
- Additional Training/Qualifications/Certification Necessary
- Any skills-based training in insurance, public relations or marketing
- Three years of experience of working for an in-house media and public relations team in a large profile organisation
- Experience of working for an in-house media and Public relations team in a large profile organisation
- Critical thinking and high analytical skills
- excellent interpersonal/networking skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrable computer skills with the knowledge of website design
- Demonstrable literacy and copy-writing/publishing skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- High level of integrity
- Knowledge of Public Relations and media relations
NB: Candidates who had already applied should not re-apply again.
How to Apply:
All interested persons can deliver applications, detailed curriculum vitae and copies of academic qualifications with two referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Statewide Insurance Company Limited,
Plot 1, Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 9393 Kampala – Uganda.
The applications should reach SWICO Head office or email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of “Communications Officer”.
NB: Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of submission, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Deadline: 8th June 2023