Organisation: Hima Cement Ltd
Duty Station: Kasese, Uganda
Reports to: GTPX01
Hima Cement Ltd. is a subsidiary of Bamburi Cement Ltd. which is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group. LafargeHolcim is the leading producer of building materials in the world. At Hima Cement, our Vision is “To be the preferred provider of cement and concrete based building solutions in East Africa with a strong focus on customer experience.”
Job Summary: The Graduate Trainee – Procurement will mainly implement Procurement strategies in close cooperation with the Procurement Category Managers on a local level. The incumbent will manage the operational and tactical procurement of local goods and services including the sourcing, negotiating and contracting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all the Health, Safety and Environment policies and rules in the designated working area.
- Research new suppliers for low value spot purchases and present them to the Category Managers for screening.
- Source and compare prices from several suppliers for all low value spot purchases.
- Ensure locally generated savings are reported as required and according to category guidelines.
- Endeavor that the global and local policies and procedures are conveyed to end users in the Procurement of goods and services.
- Create local purchase orders for suppliers, equipment and services within authorized limits.
- Initiate and support the RFQ/P process locally as defined by category strategy.
- Check that goods and services are fit for purpose and meet with the organization’s requirements prior to order placement.
- Negotiate prices and delivery dates.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelors of Honors Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or an equivalent from a recognised University.
- Postgraduate qualifications in CIPS or its equivalent is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and skills in the Electronic Procurement, and Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) like SAP is an added advantage.
- Self-driven, results oriented.
- High level of integrity
- Good communication skills across the business
- Able to plan and prioritise
- Experience in managing dead- lines and work load
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Should be innovate and excellent team player with good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable dealing with people and a good listener
- Reliable, tolerant and determined
- Able to work extended hours when required
How to Apply:
Hima Cement will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. (Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s save the environment).
- Hima Cement Limited is a diverse, inclusive and equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate and do not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment.
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Human Resource Manager – Corporate
Hima Cement Ltd, Plot 838 Namanve Industrial Park,
P.O Box 7230 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 18th November 2023