FHI 360 seeks Family Planning Clinical Mentors to provide technical assistance to 20 priority health facilities in Kampala to improve the integration of family planning (FP) services into the continuum of care for maternal, child health, and nutrition services, focusing on the post-partum period.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Conduct data-driven onsite training and mentorships to enhance the knowledge and skills of health providers for the delivery of postpartum family planning (PPFP) services.
• Assist the FP Work Improvement Teams at the priority health facilities to use QI methods to identify and address PPFP service delivery bottlenecks.
Together with the health facility teams, reorganize patient flows and the delivery of services to optimize opportunities for linkages, integration, and increased access to quality FP services at the different service delivery points.
Work with, and mentor service providers’/ facility teams on improving postpartum family planning data capture, making of monthly data summaries, HMIS report compilation, and data verification to improve data quality.
• Build the capacity of health facility teams on family planning commodity stock management.
• Spread effective implementation strategies and promising solutions for improving PPFP uptake to all the 20 priority facilities.
• Conduct annual refresher training on the U.S. Family Planning and Abortion legislative and policy requirements that govern U.S. foreign assistance targeting health workers at supported health facilities.
• Provide technical support for the integration of Gender, Adolescent, Youth, and marginalized groups’ interests and concerns across the MCHN and Postpartum Family Planning programming and service delivery at the health facility level.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by and agreed upon with the supervisor.
• A Degree or Diploma in medicine, nursing, or midwifery from a recognized Institution
• At least two years of experience working within the Uganda health care system in clinical settings – the public and or private sector, preferably both.
• Experience in training and mentoring health care service providers on Family Planning.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders towards the achievement of common goals.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective working relations with different stakeholders.
• Must be registered with the relevant professional body.
Interested individuals are requested to send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and no later than 7 days from the publication of this advert. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.