Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 44 locations countrywide, an equal opportunity employer regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003. Pride is looking for a dynamic & energetic individual to fill the position of Branch Manager. The Branch Manager will report to the Regional Manager. He/she will be responsible for driving growth of the business and profitability of the branch by developing and implementing strategies and plans through offering excellent customer services while maintaining a high level of compliance.
Specific Responsibilities: –
1. Ensure compliance to Pride’s policies and procedures, BOU guidelines and other applicable laws and regulations
2. Work with staff to achieve set targets for the branch on a monthly basis and ensure a portfolio at Risk rate (PAR) not exceeding 1% for Group Lending and not exceeding 3% for Individual Lending at all times.
Verify and supervise all branch transactions on a daily basis and ensure customers are promptly attended to and served efficiently.
4. Participate in mobilizing deposits into the branch by persuading/ convincing firms and individuals to open accounts at the branch.
Supervise, appraise, coach, mentor and build capacity of subordinate staff.
6. Chair all branch credit committee meetings for all loans as per policy. Guide staff in professional, objective and analytical loan appraisals.
Manage staff leave in accordance with the master leave schedule and Human resource policies.
Ensure the prompt and careful reporting and conveyance of all Pride/client funds to the treasury/local depository institution and the Finance department.
9. Maintain proper security over the Pride Office, documents, and assets, and ensure that each respective staff is security alert.
Ensure that the right procedures are followed when clients are presenting their securities.
11. Mobilize branch staff to collectively recover written-off loans in accordance with Pride’s loans recovery guidelines.
Ensure that backups are done at the end of each day’s work.
13. Ensure safety of cash in transit to and from branches.
14. Supervision of day-to-day Branch Operations.
15. Prepare and submit periodic reports on activities in the branch.
16. Monitor the security of the branch to ensure security measures are enforced at all times.
17. Ensure compliance to both credit and operational risk framework and ensure high performing assets and liability portfolios to mitigate NPAs.
18. Interacting with customers regarding appropriate Pride products, pricing including developing and managing customer relationships through activities such as business forums and periodic client visits.
• Should be hardworking, honest, well organized and reliable.
• Should have a track record of good performance with at least a “Good” appraisal rating attained in the last 3 appraisal cycles
• Should be results oriented with proven leadership skills. Should be self-motivated, innovative with a passion to achieve steep targets.
• Should possess a strong personality and dynamism, and should be able to pull colleagues together to build a strong team.
Minimum academic qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Economics, Microfinance, Development Economics and Development studies, Business Studies, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Financial Services, Business Computing, Business Statistics, Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management, Social Sciences, SWASA, Education or in any other relevant / related field.
• The desired candidate should have atleast 4 years’ experience in a similar or related position. For internal staff members, they should have at least 3 years and above working experience as an Operations Supervisor, Credit Supervisor or Compliance Officer or 4 years’ experience as a Credit Officer in Pride.
Interested candidates should forward their applications to the HEAD HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, at the address above, or on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or using the link, https://www.pridemicrofinance.co.ug/career.html not later than December 09, 2023; with a detailed curriculum vita, letters of recommendation from 3 referees, copies of academic transcripts, postal address and a daytime telephone contact. All applicants are advised to deal directly with Pride and canvassing is strictly not allowed. Only shortlisted will be contacted.