HIAS seeks a Program Officer, Africa/Eurasia to support programs and operational needs in HIAS’ country offices in the Africa/Eurasia region, with a special focus on Africa. Reporting to the Program Manager, Africa/Eurasia, they will support HIAS’ programs in Africa through reporting, monitoring, cross-divisional collaboration, proposal development, advocacy and related administrative duties. The Program Officer, Africa/Eurasia will work closely with other International Programs staff, including technical colleagues focused on Gender/GBV, Mental Health & Psychosocial Support, Economic Inclusion and Legal Protection. The successful candidate has a demonstrated ability to coordinate between country programs and headquarters, as well as a keen understanding of field-based challenges and opportunities.
Note, this position is based in Africa in countries where HIAS has existing operations.
• Monitors the progress of projects and activities toward the achievement of key objectives and deliverables through regular communication with key country office staff and HQ.
• Supports the sharing of insights and experiences from field staff and leadership across the International Programs (IP) department, the wider organization and to external audiences.
• Works closely with the Institutional Development team, technical teams and other field-based colleagues to support proposal and budget development for a wide range of funding opportunities focused on activities in the Africa/Eurasia region.
• Conducts monitoring exercises and evaluates overall performance of country office operations.
• Coordinates closely with field-based colleagues, including Country Directors, Program Directors and other field staff, among IP staff, and within other HQ divisions, including in Budget & Fiscal Compliance, Monitoring & Evaluation, Human Resources. Information Technology, Advocacy, Communications and others.
• Schedules cross-divisional meetings and meetings between field and HQ staff, setting agendas, preparing IT platforms, taking meeting notes and ensuring follow-up on takeaways.
• Supports Deputy Regional Director, Africa/Eurasia to address gaps in program progress and operational challenges with country staff and HQ colleagues.
• Drafts monitoring reports for distribution to HQ staff and country staff, and schedules meetings to discuss key achievements and deliverables.
• Reviews and contributes to monthly and quarterly program reports and other documents in French and English for funders, HIAS staff and Board of Directors on HIAS’ regional operations.
• Represents HIAS at external partner and/or coordination meetings, as needed.
• Responds to requests for information and guidance from HQ offices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Graduate degree preferred in Social Sciences or Development.
• 2-3 years of experience in the NGO sector, preferably in refugee or humanitarian fields.
• 2+ years of experience working at the field level is strongly preferred.
• English and French fluency are both required.
• Demonstrated experience in project management.
• Knowledge of project design, planning and budgeting.
• Experience coordinating, reviewing and supporting funding proposals.
• Experience in community-based protection and human rights approaches preferred.
• Have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time efficiently, meet deadlines and work independently.
• Have excellent written communication and research skills.
• Have a flexible, creative and collaborative working style.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Commitment to HIAS’ mission and values, and refugee protection.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
• Travel, to include travel to insecure operating environments, may be required.
Closing Date : 17th December, 2023