Job Title: Program Assistant
Organisation: World Renew
Duty Station: West Nile, Uganda
World Renew envisions a world where people experience and extend Christ’s compassion and live together in hope as God’s community. World Renew serves as the development, disaster response, and justice arm of the Christian Reformed Church in North America. The aspects of World Renew’s work are three-fold: Community Development, Disaster Response & Rehabilitation Advocacy.
Job Summary: World Renew is looking for a competent self-driven Christian development worker to support program development, implementation, mentoring, and partner support for the West Nile region. The Program Assistant will be working closely with the Senior Program Consultant. This requires an innovative and creative team player. Flexibility and the ability to learn are critical to Mentoring and coaching the partner teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Senior Program Consultant in supporting World Renew partners with.
- Planning, Implementing, Monitoring and Evaluating project activities.
- Proposal development.
- Conducting assessments
- Data collection processing and reviewing project reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Management and Leadership to related studies from a recognized institution. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Five years of experience engaging in Community Development with Church Based Organization(s).
- Should have demonstrated ability in project/program management with skills in participatory processes and proposal development.
- Demonstrated ability in application of participatory tools for community engagement.
- Must be a Christian with demonstrated Christian Values
- Ability to juggle through many options amidst competing priorities with clarity.
- Able to work and meet commitments under minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate fluently in oral and written English.
- Knowledge and exposure of working with international agencies such as USAID or CFGB.
- Ability to work with MS 365, MS office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Ability to work in a team setup with good interpersonal skills.
- A valid driving/Riding Permit with at least three classes.
- Knowledge of any local languages in the region is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit their application letters with your detailed CV addressed to: Senior Country Director, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 23rd February 2024