Job Title: Business Development Manager
Organisation: Yako Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
Yako Bank (U) Limited was incorporated in the Republic of Uganda in 2010 and licensed as a Credit Institution by Bank of Uganda in 2020. In September 2015, Yako got its license to operate as a deposit taking institution and started operations under the name Yako Microfinance (U) Limited. It upgraded to a Credit Institution in 2020 and was licensed to operate as Yako Bank (U) Limited. Yako Bank is owned by different shareholders and has been licensed by Bank of Uganda to provide savings and lending products to different clients.
Job Summary: The Business Development Manager will identify and help in developing strategic relationships with partners or potential customers, Manages the product development and sales teams to create Bank’s product awareness, improve its corporate images and implement business development initiatives to achieve the bank profitability objective.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow the banks savings portfolio.
- Grow the customer base.
- The jobholder will grow the banks Risk Assets.
- Assume primary relationship management for public sector entities.
- Regularly provide feedback in respect to product improvement for competitiveness.
- Manage Private-Public sector business and other business relationships with the bank.
- Regularly monitor the performance of all business units and report regularly to the Management.
- Plan and execute below the line activations for maximum product promotion and uptake.
- Plan and prepare presentations to business prospects and key stakeholders.
- Equip field staff with sales skills by carrying out training on selling tips.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for Yako Bank Business Development Manager career placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- At least five years of experience in a similar position.
- High level of business acumen and understanding of business relationship management.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of sales management and branch banking business.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the Microfinance and commercial Banking business environment.
- Good personal presentation skills.
- Business analysis skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Good teamwork skills.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates should submit applications along with their updated CVs and academic documents online through email@example.com
Deadline: 20th February 2024