Job Title: Mechanic
Organisation: Xclusive Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Technical Manager
Xclusive Uganda is a group of horticulture companies with over 550 employees, based between Gayaza and Zirobwe. We are known for our innovative way of working, our flat organizational structure where we achieve things together and care for our employees and the community around us. We offer an attractive renumeration for the best fit.
Job Summary: The Mechanic will be in charge of preventive maintenance through timely service, and training of all the users of the equipment, maintaining, Diagnosing, and repairing of vehicles, trucks, tractors, implements and many other machines at the Farm.
Hands-on welding, and electro-mechanical works. Ensure safety, collaborate with the team, maintain records, uphold quality standards, and deliver excellent customer service.
Main Goal of the Job: To prevent breakdowns, down time and keeping the maintenance budget down.
Are you a skilled mechanic, able to teach and control with technical proficiency and a passion for fixing and fine-tuning a variety of mechanical issues? Do you pay attention to details? Are you cooperative and analytical? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? Do you have proven experience in automotive repair and maintenance? We are looking for you!
We offer an interesting job with a lot of responsibility and autonomy in which you are to install, troubleshoot and maintain mechanical machines.
Our core values are: Quality, Integrity, Ownership, Collaboration, Sustainable and Innovative.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years of experience in a busy setting.
- Skilled in diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues in vehicles and machines.
- Proficient in reading blueprints and technical diagrams.
- Experienced in repairing and maintaining various machines.
- Knowledgeable in mechanical terminology.
- Good communication skills in English and Luganda.
- Excellence training skills.
- Ability to meet the deadline.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely Maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnosing various machines.
- Ensuring proper functioning of mechanical and Greenhouse machines.
- Conducting inspections and adherent to manufacturers compliance.
- Adherence to safety precautions, monitoring mechanical systems, and
- Submitting accurate reports on time.
- Monitoring the stock level and timely report efficient level of spare parts under his operation.
- Ability to work extra hours when needed.
How to Apply:
Do you think you are the right fit? Then send your Curriculum Vitae, including a motivation letter to the HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 16th February 2024.