The role holder will be the academic and administrative head of Mengo Hospital School of Nursing and Midwifery and will manage it in a manner that ensures academic excellence, efficient use of resources and the welfare of students/staff, in line with Mengo Hospital, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education and Sports and relevant national/international policies and guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in nursing/midwifery with Post graduate diploma in
• Medical Education; OR 1.Double Registration in Nursing and Midwifery Diploma in Nursing and a diploma in midwifery) and with a bachelor’s degree in medical education.
A masters degree in Nursing will be an added advantage.
He/she must be registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives’ Council with a current License to practice.
• At least five years’ experience in teaching.
• At least three years’ experience in a leadership role preferably in similar role or in a teaching institution with a demonstrable track record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities General and Behavioral
• Strong leadership attributes with good communication, negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills.
• Strong people skills and demonstrable ability to lead and influence team dynamics.
• Ability to motivate, supervise and develop others.
• Problem solver with good problem-solving skills.
• Computer literacy skills i.e. Proficiency in various MS office packages
• Working knowledge of English and local language(s) are crucial.
• Hard working, trustworthy, and holding the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality.
• Must be highly professional, flexible, and reliable.
• Ability to work under pressure: and in compliance with the Christian values of Mengo Hospital.
• Proactive self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to operate at strategic level in addition to delivering at an operational level.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, detailed CV and copies of academic documents with three (3) Professional referees in one attachment of not more than 10MBS to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday February 23rd, 2024.
Please Note: No hand delivered applications will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within four (4) weeks from the date of the advert.