Job Title: Legal/Compliance Assistant (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Mota-Engil Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Mota-Engil is a Portuguese group in the sectors of civil construction, public works, port operations, waste, water, and logistics. The Mota-Engil Group comprises 228 companies within three major business areas Engineering and construction, Environment and Services and Transport concessions operating in 21 countries through its branches and subsidiaries, including Mota-Engil Engenharia e Construção, S.A., Tertir, SUMA, INDAQUA Manvia, Vibeiras, Ascendi and Martifer.
Job Summary: The Legal/Compliance Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that legal documents are accurately prepared, reviewed, and filed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. S/he will also assist in maintaining legal records, communicating with internal and external stakeholders, and providing administrative support to the legal department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow up on compliance matters.
- Prepare and undertake a compliance risk assessment.
- Set and monitor KPIs for the compliance program.
- Prepare agreements for suppliers and /or subcontractors.
- Follow up on litigation matters with external law firms
- Training of staff on the Mota Engil compliance program.
- Track contract deadlines and maintain accurate records.
- Assist with drafting legal correspondence, and other legal documents.
- Manage and maintain legal files and documents, including electronic records.
- Any other duties to be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in legal studies, paralegal studies, or a related field
- One to two years of experience as a legal assistant, preferably in the construction industry.
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory principles in the construction industry
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
Note: We encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce and strongly encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below