Job Title: Planner
Organisation: Royal Van Zanten
Duty Station: Namaiba, Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Improvement has been present in the Royal Van Zanten DNA for 160 years. In the form of entrepreneurship, the documentation of experience and a passion for research & education by the Veldhuijzen van Zanten family. Maus van Staaveren learnt through interaction with others and constantly improved his business by trial and evaluation.
In 2018, after a turbulent business period, the Veldhuijzen van Zanten family sold the company to hands-on investor, Nimbus. The family culture is maintained, while the ambition, quality and entrepreneurship receive a boost. Three years on, Royal Van Zanten is ‘Back on Track’ and on its way to its 160th anniversary.
Job Summary: The Planner is responsible for the fulfillment of demand planning, from planning till export. This position is a part of the backbone of our organization. You are a spider in the web and like to be creative with numbers and love to find creative solutions. You are a strong communicator based on facts. Your work location will be our Mukono location.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze production numbers and come up with a proposal to our production department for future growing schedules.
- Understand the activities that happen in our greenhouses and what influence they have on our production numbers.
- Present and discuss numbers clearly to our production department.
- You are responsible for presenting correct data and proposals to the production department and management.
- Data integrity and up-to-date growth schedules in Business Central
- Plan our production based on our customers’ demands.
- Plan in the given guidelines as waste and QUOTIF.
- Location planning together with our Senior production manager.
- Communication with our Head Office in The Netherlands about the possibilities to deliver our demand.
- Proactive communication and actions when production numbers don’t match with the planning.
- Regular visits to the field to understand the production and its progress.
- You are responsible for the complete planning in your product groups within the set policies.
- Create Supply Plan Dashboard with clear KPI’s / GAP analysis and suggested way forward
- Cutfactor analysis with growing and harvest dept
- Allocate our coldroom stock to the correct orders or mother plants.
- Keep the demands/ orders of our customers in mind.
- Be creative within the set parameters and come with solutions to achieve QUOTIF, together with CS in the Netherlands
- Finalize export papers for shipments.
- Calculate future shipments for freight bookings.
- You are responsible for the correct export numbers within the set policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University level qualification
- Any horticultural-related training/course or experience is an added advantage.
- Two years of experience in demand or supply planning.
- Excellent computer skills and MS Excel and Outlook are a must.
- Business Central (Navision) is a pre.
- Strong analytical skills
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org