17 Customer Service Jobs – Personal Bankers – DFCU Bank
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala and Upcountry, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the respective positions of Personal Banker in our Chief Commercial Domain to support our expansion strategy.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Branch Manager, the dfcu Personal Banker will be responsible for growing the personal asset and liability portfolio of the branch by providing pro-active and efficient personal relationship banking services to a portfolio of clients in accordance with the laid down procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow the personal asset and liability portfolio of the branch in order to achieve the sales targets.
- Appraise loan applications making sure that they meet the set standards and credit requirements using the prescribed score cards and return those that do not meet specifications to the front office desk for follow up to avoid losses.
- Initiate credit applications for new and existing customers by completing the documentation with customers, completing the required financial analysis, and submitting applications to credit for approval to meet the set agreed timelines.
- Increase product penetration for personal banking clients by reviewing their portfolio to determine potential cross sells and proactively recommend new products to them.
- Conduct regular face-to-face customer visits, site visits, recognition initiatives and write updated call reports for each visit as per agreed standard in agreed targets for customer retention.
- Receive and verify customer documents for account opening, facilities, and other customer instructions according to the laid down procedures.
- Timely notification of customers regarding their loan approvals/declines of credit facilities and advise alternative options in case of a decline for customer satisfaction.
- Identify areas of concern/potential fraud and develop appropriate remedial processes/systems, which encompass both the operational and financial aspects of risk management.
- Monitor the portfolio performance and ensure that PAR and NPA is kept within the acceptable limits to avoid losses.
- Manage credit and operational risk in account opening and loan processing to avoid fraud and losses.
- Onboard new customers on alternate channels.
- Comply with KYC, AML & suspicious transactions reporting and ensure that all documentation and transactions are in line with local and regulatory anti-money laundering and KYC requirements.
- Undertake additional duties and/or transfer you to other duties compatible with your skills and experience within dfcu more generally as the Bank shall in its absolute discretion determine.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the DFCU Bank Personal Banker job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree.
- At least three years of banking experience of which 2 should be at the front line.
- Excellent sales, networking, and relationship management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of credit principles and guidelines.
- Strong understanding of bank products and ability to propose the investment options.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of customers with different business needs.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good understanding of both business and personal banking.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills required.
- Industry and business awareness.
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Customer centric.
- Motivated, flexible, and ready to work under pressure.
- Able to convey factual information clearly.
- Ability to multitask.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested applicants should send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to the email address indicated below;
Deadline: Friday 4th June 2021
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.