Program Officer – Education
Country/Region: Uganda, Northern Region
Organization: Save the Children International
Join us to lead sustainable change for children:
- Be part of a GLOBAL and DIVERSE technical community
- Get EXPOSURE in many different contexts
- Test and scale up INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
- Influence policies that affect MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
Are you passionate about being an advocate for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
The Job Holder will take responsibility for planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Education interventions under NORAD programme to improve children’s learning outcomes and development through implementation of the QLE Framework. The QLE Framework has 4 pillars: Guiding Principle 1 – emotional and psychological needs of all learners; Guiding Principle 2 – learning environment must protect children’s physical wellbeing; Guiding Principle 3 – learning environment encourages and supports active engagements for learners, child-centred teaching and improved learning outcomes for all learners; Guiding Principle 4 – parents and local communities are actively involved in planning, decision making and action to improve education.
The job holder may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Sounds interesting? Read more below
Key areas of accountability include:
- Roll-out of the Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Technical Support and back-stopping
- Budget Monitoring responsibility
- Coordination and Collaborations
- Reporting and documentation
- Resource acquisition
- Empowerment and Project Impact
To be a strong supporter and advocate for children in this role you will need to have:
- Minimum of a degree in Education or related fields. An additional qualification such as a Diploma in Teacher Education is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of progressive working experience in planning and implementing Education programmes with INGOs.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in application of participatory tools and methodologies in programming.
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Basic Education and ECCD is an added advantage.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses. Previous experience of project management
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity
- Excellent communication skills
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at .
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 8th August 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
OUR DIVERSITY BELIEF
Save the Children International is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We want our people to be truly representative of all sections of society. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, disabilities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve our beneficiaries better. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for children around the world.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS42NjU2Ni4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20