Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Uganda Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for vacant positions in our organisation.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer and mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 15thAugust 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Please specify your preferred location
N.B: URCS Service volunteers are encouraged to apply
|Title||Branch Manager (5 positions)|
|Grade||Salary is based on a person to holder basis
|Reports||Director Branch and Membership Management|
|Location||Kalangala, Kotido, Lira, Nakasongola, Pader
|Duration||One (1) Year with possibility of renewal|
The Branch Manager will be responsible to lead the implementation of the URCS Strategic Key Focus Area 2 and the URCS core activities of Dissemination of Red Cross Principles and Values, First Aid, Disaster Preparedness and Response, Blood Donor Recruitment, Membership Recruitment, Local Resource Mobilization and Volunteer Management.
- Implementation of the URCS Strategic Option 2: Strengthen Branch Membership Management;
- Disseminate and implement all the URCS approved policies;
- Adhere and lead the implementation of the URCS approved systems and structures at the Branch level;
- Plan for, Coordinate and lead the implementation of membership recruitment campaigns;
- Lead the Branch resource mobilization, and design plans for sustainability of the Branch;
- Identify, engage, develop and maintain Branch and institutional partnerships relevant to the growth of URCS;
- Implement a robust volunteer management framework at the Branch in order to attract and retain value-adding volunteers to the Society;
- Provide technical and operational guidance to the Branch governance in harmony with URCS constitution and other policies;
- Identify and address capacity building requirements for staff, governance and volunteers at the Branch;
- Monitor and evaluate the branch performance and compliance with the URCS constitution as well as other policies;
- Strategically identify, evaluate and seek opportunities to collaborate with the URCS Departments, programs, services and activities that engage URCS youth in
- promoting membership recruitment, dissemination, international youth programs and quality program implementation;
- Ensure proper usage and safe custody of Branch assets and compliance with the NS approved policies;
- Prepare and submit timely & quality accountabilities and reports in accordance with URCS standards and policies.
Minimum qualifications, working experience and competencies:
Download application template from here