Job Title: Coordinator Monitoring and Evaluation
Organisation: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Policy and Planning
The National Forestry Authority (NFA) is a Government agency established under the National Forestry and Tree Planting Act, 2003 as a corporate body responsible for sustainable development and management of Central Forest Reserves (CFRs) and provision of technical support to stakeholders in the forestry sub-sector. NFA’s vision is “A sufficiently forested, ecologically stable and economically prosperous Uganda”, while its Mission is “To manage Central Forest Reserves on a sustainable basis and to supply high quality forestry- related products and services to Government, local communities and the private sector”.
Job Summary: The Coordinator Monitoring and Evaluation will develop and implement an effective monitoring and evaluation system for the Organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an effective monitoring and evaluation framework and system for the Organization.
- Regularly undertake midterm and end of term evaluations of the Strategic Plan, General Management Plans and other plans.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Keenly monitor the implementation of Top Management and Board of Trustees decisions.
- Develop capacity of staff to effectively participate in monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual performance reports.
- Develop and implement income generation initiatives and sustainability plans for NFA.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Economics, Statistics, Natural Resource Management, Business Administration or Social Sciences (with Economics and/or Social Administration) from a reputable institution.
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or in any of the above related field is a requirement.
- At least five years of working experience in a related field of which 3 years should be at a managerial or senior supervisory level.
- Good leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, analytical and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Team building and organizational skills.
- Conservation planning skills.
- Finance and human resource management skills.
- Knowledge of GIS and statistical analysis skills.
- Age: Above 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), present salary, three referees with their full postal, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts as well as the candidate’s full address and e-mail to the address below or send soft copies to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
National Forestry Authority,
Plot 10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P.O. Box 70863, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0312 – 264035/6; 0414-360400
Deadline: 31st August 2022
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. NFA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com