Job Title: Project Coordinator – Education (DANIDA SP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Public Health Promotion Officer
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular analysis of relevant transformative education contexts, trends and projections including gender dimensions of any such issue. You will be expected to keep abreast with latest developments in the education sector and how those developments impacts on the lives of learners and other people.
- Providing technical leadership on transformative education.
- Initiate the development of other projects and support other Oxfam team mates in the development of cross linking projects. You will provide technical support to other team members on education and on its linkages with their intended projects and build synergies between the Governance Theme and other thematic areas in the Country Office.
- Conduct regular assessment of risk profiles of the education work in which Oxfam and Partners are engaged in or intending to engage and provide advice to the Thematic Manager on the risk mitigation or risk avoidance measures.
- Initiate the identification and assessment of partners within the public sector, private sector, civil society, academia and development partners for strategic collaborations and engagements in delivering the objectives of Oxfam’s strategic change goals.
- Develop regular influencing strategies and agendas for advocacy and campaigns on areas of transformative education, relevant to Oxfam strategic objectives.
- Coordinate Oxfam in Uganda’s multi country engagements such as policy advocacy, research, strategic collaborations, capacity enhancements, resource mobilizations and collective thinking.
- Commission and supervise high impact and agenda setting research in areas of education and ensure production of quality reports.
- Ensure project donor reports are done in a timely manner and to a highest standards in accordance with donor contracts
- Undertake regular monitoring and evaluation processes to continually assess project/s performance and delivery against agreed results and recommend action to ensure delivery is achieved;
- Maintain awareness of the perception of Oxfam’s reputation as a global development and campaigns agency
- Develop regular communication materials such as blogs, opinions, commentaries and articles on topical issues of education.
- Actively participate in, and build strong collaborative relationships with CSOs, CSO networks and education development partners especially in areas of education, citizens engagements and public participation to foster learning, sharing and timely actions.
- Funding and Donor Management; participate in relevant fund raising activities, monitoring funding opportunities and support response to these opportunities with approved concept notes and proposals.
- Provide high quality reports according to donor contract agreements and Oxfam programme quality and learning reporting standards.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations, laws and policies for all work being undertaken under this function.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for this job placement must hold an Advanced Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Education, Public Administration, International Development, Law, etc.)
- Seven years of experience working on education projects; Experience of working in an international organization will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of programme development and delivery approaches, tools, methodologies and best practices;
- Excellent Gender analytical lense and conversant with Feminist principles and inclusive approaches;
- Excellent research skills and demonstrated publications of opinions, blogs, articles in topical issues;
- Knowledge and practical experience on education programming in a diverse socio-political set up and ideally built on mature understanding of relevant issues.
- Good knowledge of active citizenship and constraints to citizens’ participation in decision making processes.
- Experience of and thorough understanding of a “Rights Based Approach”;
- Commitment to and good knowledge of working with a partnership approach across the spectrum of Oxfam’s work, including innovative approaches to capacity strengthening;
- Good knowledge of and experience with Education donor funding environment and good financial and project management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, in written and verbal English;
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, feminist principles and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of self-awareness, initiative, sound judgment, personal energy and flexibility;
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work extra hours as necessary;
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com