Job Title: Emergency Response Coordinator
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Summary: Are you passionate about being an advocate for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
The Emergency Response Coordinator will support the set up and/or implementation of the Cash for Nutrition programme in Moroto, Kaabong and Kotido. S/he will be expected to support on all aspects of setting up and/or managing all operational areas connected to this program, including budget development and reporting, partners’ coordination and representation, security, logistics, compliance with internal policies and procedures and management of teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operations & Assessments.
- Training, Capacity Development
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL).
- Coordination and Representation.
- Reporting, Compliance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree from a well-recognized university, in any relevant field.
- Operational experience in implementing cash transfer programmes, in particular in establishing and overseeing cash delivery mechanisms involving external finance service providers in emergency areas.
- Cash Transfer Programme budget management experience.
- Experience in using internal controls systems to support CTP delivery in the areas of financial management, logistics, and security and programme delivery.
- Understanding of field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Demonstrable understanding of M&E and beneficiary accountability.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts.
- Willing to commit to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 8th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com