Job Title: Project Manager- Neglected Tropical Diseases
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Summary: The Project Manager, Neglected Tropical Diseases will support development of mainstreaming plans, engagement and leveraging other sectors to accelerate progress towards control of Trachoma, Schistosomiasis (SCH) and Soil Transmitted Helminths (STH) within the Act to End NTDs | East program. The Act to End NTDs | East program is a five-year activity led by RTI International in partnership with the participating countries’ Ministries of Health, and is supporting disease-endemic countries to plan, implement and finance solutions to fight NTDs using proven, cost-effective public health interventions. SC is a member of the Act to End NTDs with a focus on provision of technical support for cross-sectoral coordination.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Management
- Management of financial and human resources
- Technical Support
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree required in Public Health, Nursing, Nutrition, Environmental / Community Health or related fields. Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years of experience.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of local government systems, previous work experience in Karamoja would be an added advantage.
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills including dealing both directly and indirectly with government officials and other partners/stakeholders at various levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment, and to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Written and oral fluency in English is a requirement.
- Willing to commit to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 8th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com