Job Title: HR & Administration Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance & Operations Manager
Saferworld is an independent international organisation working to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives. We work with people affected by conflict to improve their safety and sense of security, and conduct wider research and analysis. We use this evidence and learning to improve local, national and international policies and practices that can help build lasting peace. Our priority is people – we believe in a world where everyone can lead peaceful, fulfilling lives, free from fear and insecurity. We are a not-for-profit organization operational in 12 countries across Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Job Summary: The HR & Administration Officer is two-fold with a split into two distinct roles. The first comprising of a range of responsibilities such as office administration and logistical support with the principal aim of helping to ensure the smooth running of the office. The second is to support the team with recruitment and selection, employee administration, the HR database and any other related duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the recruitment process
- Administer the Human Resources Information System (Cascade) for all staff ensuring staff records are complete and up to date.
- Management of annual leave and other absence
- Responsible for preparing HR documents, maintaining accurate and complete personnel and recruitment files, updating checklist and HR trackers as necessary
- Prepare monthly Payroll ensuring staff changes (new hires, terminations etc.) are accurately reflected on HR Monthly Reports and documentation is complete and filed in the personnel file.
- Saferworld’s human resources policies and procedures, especially all Ethical policies and Safeguarding Policies.
- Ensure the efficient running of Saferworld’s office/s, working with other teams to identify and fulfil supply needs and improve or develop systems where necessary.
- Ensure compliance with national and organizational Health and Safety policies, including for any Saferworld staff based in partners offices in Uganda
- Lead annual insurance renewals with the support of Operations Manager in London
- Obtain work permits and visas for expatriate staff or visitors when required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management Organisational Psychology, Strategic Management or MBA or an equivalent of Post Graduate Diploma
- Bachelor’s in Human Resource Management, Industrial and Organisational Psychology, Business Administration or any related field.
- At least three years of experience in HR Management.
- Proven hands-on experience in HR management of over three to five years preferably in INGO/NGO.
- Knowledge of Payroll Administration and Payroll systems Knowledge of HRIS Strong interpersonal skills and adept at employee relations including conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and exercise confidentiality.
- Highly organized and self-motivated. Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse staff.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to fill in this application form, Download Here and send it via Email to: Human Resources at email@example.com. Only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 14th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com