Job Title: Production Worker (Several O’ Level Jobs)
Duty Station: SPOUTS Factory, Nakawuka, Uganda
Reports to: SPOUTS Production Supervisor
Salary: UGX 300,000 /= UGX 350,000/=
Special conditions: May be asked to participate in any part of the production process.
SPOUTS of Water Ltd is a social venture that locally manufactures and distributes effective ceramic water filters to improve the access to clean drinking water sustainably in Uganda. In addition, we locally manufacture free hand-washing stations to improve access to hygiene. Our mission is to provide clean drinking water and hygiene services to all East Africans. We currently sell multiple water filter products under the brand name “Purifaaya”. The Purifaaya provides financial, social, and health benefits for its customers in addition to environmental benefits.
Job Summary: The Production Worker works an average of 48hours in a week. Weekend and evening work may be required. The production worker performs all tasks involved in the production of the company’s products. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Undertake a variety of activities to ensure the effective production of quality ceramic water filters
- Assemble raw materials including preparing, measuring and mixing.
- Operate and maintain machines in the process of producing filters, stands and any other item as required.
- Perform finishing functions such as treatments and testing of products as necessary.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of raw materials and products.
Participate in the assembly and packaging processes to ensure that quality products are distributed from the factory
- Assist with loading for deliveries to ensure timely supply of products and services.
- Assist with the orderly maintenance of inventory supplies to ensure the continued quality of products and supplies.
Demonstrate corporate responsibility
- Ensure that work practices comply with health and safety requirements
- Always act in a manner consistent with SPOUTS’ values.
- Comply with the SPOUTS’ standards of conduct and all applicable policies and legislation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must at least hold an O’ Level certificate
- Proven Experience in working in a factory environment.
- Ability to follow guidelines and procedures
- Willingness to be flexible and do lots of different things
- Willing to do repetitive tasks and practical work
- Works well in a team to ensure maximum productivity and effectiveness
- Language requirements: Competent in both written and spoken English language.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their application letters (with salary expectations), updated CVs and relevant academic documents should be sent to email@example.com
Deadline: 18th August 2022.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com