Job Title: Warehouse Officer
Organisation: UpEnergy Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UpEnergy brings aspirational products that save energy and improve health within reach of low-income customers. We develop distribution channels that distribute efficient and clean energy and safe water technologies. We finance our product subsidies and our growth via bespoke projects that generate carbon emissions reductions that we produce for global partners seeking emissions reductions and social impact co-benefits.
We sell products under our SmartHome brand, and through partnerships with other brands. We operate regional distribution hubs and build relationships directly with customers through the SmartHome sales operation. We’ve seen 100%+ year on year growth for many years and have reached over 800,000 African households with products that deliver health and income benefits. A typical Smarthome stove saves each family we reach about 9% of their annual income while reducing air pollution.
Job Summary: We are currently seeking to bring on board a dedicated warehouse officer to coordinate operations at our warehouse in Kampala. He/she will manage and oversee the receiving, handling, storing, and packaging activities within the warehouse while ensuring quality standards are met at every turn. The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail oriented, able to track multiple facets of the warehouse at any given time and achieve inventory accuracy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing systems and processes for proper inventory tracking.
- Maintaining hard and soft copies of all inventory records of goods received and issued out.
- Counting and inspecting all goods received to ensure they conform to the order specifications and stipulated quality standards.
- Supervising loading and offloading of sales trips at the warehouse.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts, efficient storage and fast retrieval systems.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in supplies and stores management, business, logistics, supply chain, or another quantitative field.
- Two to three years of experience in inventory management.
- Excellent computer skills most especially in MS excel.
- Ability to work with speed, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Excellent problem-solving ability and judgment.
- Accountability, ethics and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and applications online via the link below:
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com