Job Title: District Support Officer (Several Jobs)
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Ref: NEMA/ADV/EXT/27/2022
Reports to: Senior District Support Officer
The National Environment Management Authority (hereinafter called “NEMA”) was established under the National Environment Act, Cap.153 in May 1995 and continued under the National Environment Act No.5 of 2019 as the principal agency for environment management in Uganda charged with regulating, supervising and coordinating all activities relating to the environment.
Job Summary: The District Support Officer will support the environment management function in Local Government Staff, private sector and civil society organizations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the Senior District Support Officer to:
- Coordinate environmental programs in local governments, private sector and civil societies;
- Guide in the preparation and implementation of District Environment Action Plans and other environment management programs;
- Develop environment management capacity building programmes for local governments;
- Keenly review local government environment management reports;
- Review ESAs and undertake inspection and audit functions;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Science Education, Environmental Science, Conservation Biology and Development Studies.
- Three years’ relevant work experience in environment management.
- Analytical skills;
- Reporting skills;
- Communication skills;
- Good morals and high level of integrity;
- High levels of confidentiality.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should fill an online form available at the link below attaching requisite academic transcripts and certificates
Deadline: 17th August 2022 by 5:00pm
NB: Applicants who will not have heard from us by September 30, 2022 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com