Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH/U)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Officer
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in Asia, Latin America and Africa with support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to end all forms of poverty World-wide. In Uganda, FH is operational in the Districts of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer, the Driver facilitate transportation of staff to various destinations; management and maintenance of vehicles and motorcycles and ensure that all are performed in a high quality and time sensitive manner
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving and maintaining Food for the Hungry (FHU) vehicles
- Motorcycles Management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Must have a minimum qualification of A ‘level (UACE) or equivalent field and Should have basic mechanics skill.
- A valid driving permit with a minimum of DL class
- Certificate of Defense Driving Training
- At least five years of experience in a similar position or driving experience in NGOs
- Proven experience in Humanitarian or development, work.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in response to, changing needs.
- Maintains an attitude and behavior or readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of Food for the Hungry. Language Skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of the local language (KUPSABINY) is a MUST.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: email@example.com
Deadline: Thursday 18th August, 2022 at 4:30pm.
NB: Please consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us by 15th September, 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com