Job Title: Project Assistant – Health & Nutrition (Cover)
Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH/U)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Health & Nutrition Officer
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in Asia, Latin America and Africa with support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to end all forms of poverty World-wide. In Uganda, FH is operational in the Districts of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
Job Summary: Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Health & Nutrition Officer, the Project Assistant supervises ail Health and Nutrition project activities to ensure the project stays on budget, scope and time; Ensure the Health and Nutrition project is implemented in line with FH’S H&N technical program and strategy. Provide training and technical assistance to Care groups, VHTS, and exhaustively monitor project implementation. This includes conducting surveys and assessments to determine training needs, mobilizing and sensitizing communities and stakeholders, forming participants’ groups, designing and conducting training of project participants in Essential Nutrition Actions, business skills and essential Nutrition Practices, Essential Hygiene to ensure successful implementation of the project according to project design document and result framework.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project planning and implementation
- Stakeholders Engagement, networking and collaboration
- Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation
- Child Adolescent and Youth Participation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in development studies/social sciences, business administration, and development agricultural sciences, environment and resilience programing.
- Postgraduate qualification in project management, management, development studies or M&E is an added advantage
- Four years of experience in program management, compliance, financial management experience.
- Experience with working with private and institutional donors.
- Non-profit ministry experience is a plus. Program leadership experience that includes risk and compliance management, financial, and opportunity development
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals is satisfactory.
- Ability to speak Madi, Arabic and any other local language of the area is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: email@example.com
Deadline: Thursday 18th August, 2022 at 4:30pm.
NB: Please consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us by 15th September, 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com