Job Title: Project Coordinator – Ayiri-Children, Youth and Community for Change (CYCC) Project
Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH/U)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Area Manager
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in Asia, Latin America and Africa with support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to end all forms of poverty World-wide. In Uganda, FH is operational in the Districts of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
Job Summary: Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Program Area Manager (PAM), the Project Coordinator(PC) will plan, organize, coordinate and lead project implementation of the Ayiri-Children, Youth and Communities for Change Project. The incumbent will ensure the project stays on time, scope, and budget, promote practice of performance, accountability, and risk management in line with in line with FH’S “Transforming Field Experience (TFE)” re-imagination initiative. Co-lead technical design of technical projects with support from the technical program specialists in line with FH’s program design guidelines. Co-Lead together with the Sponsorship relations coordinator community awareness, relationship building with community leaders, churches and families.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Delivery
- Financial, Procurement and Risk Management
- Leadership, culture and talent development
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in development studies/social sciences, business administration, and development agricultural sciences, environment and resilience programing.
- Post graduate qualification in project management, management, development studies or M&E is an added advantage
- At least four years of experience in program management, compliance, financial management experience.
- Experience with working with private and institutional donors.
- Non-profit ministry experience is a plus. Program leadership experience that includes risk and compliance management, financial, and opportunity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: email@example.com
Deadline: Thursday 18th August, 2022 at 4:30pm.
NB: Please consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us by 15th September, 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com