Job Title: Food Assistance Information and Reporting Officer (Fresher NGO Jobs)
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Field Coordinator – General Food/Cash Assistance and Resilience
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The FAIRO is responsible for leading field-based IT operations pertaining to the Last Mile Mobile Solutions technology (whenever applicable) and Country Commodity Tracking System. This includes provision of technical support to commodity distribution field staff during field registrations/distributions, in addition to running the LMMS web application to help staff set up new distribution projects, run commodity shipment using LMMS/CTS, and assist in consolidating and generating LMMS/CTS reports including shipment and loss claim registers and loss files.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure functionality of the CCTS/LMMS database across all the districts doing food programming.
- Works closely with the field monitors and Field Coordinators and Food Assistant Officer on all LMMS/CTS issues.
- Work closely with the global DMT Technical Support personnel in all aspects of the technology readiness and rollout, in addition to providing feedback to, and receiving technical instructions from, the LMMS Field based System Support and Developer Officers on IT upgrades, maintenance and new developments
- Administration of LMMS asset control procedures.
- Participate in a forum of IT support staff for LMMS/CTS for sharing common experiences and troubleshooting technical challenges.
- Functional and constantly updated CCTS system in place generating accurate and consistent report.
- Prepare the monthly LMMS/CTS reports and attach all required supporting documentation by 5th every month
- Verify and enter monthly commodity reports from the field into the CTS database in order to produce major reports (CSS, CSR, RSR, LSR) to donors and other stakeholders.
- Make frequent visits to the field locations to assist in CTS documentation and accountability.
- Collect all the receipts and dispatch summary, truck inspection reports, loss reports, physical inventory, warehouse inspection report, distribution summaries and distribution center visit reports.
- Responsible to verify physical inventory for all the warehouses/FDPs to ensure that the commodity book balances match the actual stock in the warehouses/FDPs and explanations provided for any variances.
- Prepare invoices and other Cooperating Partner reports and ensure reconciliations done with WFP before submission.
- In charge of monthly/quarterly/annual/ and periodic reconciliation with the donor for food commodities.
- LMMS/CCTS in installed and operational in the project with relevant reports generated on time in line with donor and WV DMT regulations /standards.
- Uploading monthly DMT Reports in the right tabs, ensuring the reports are uploaded on time By 10th and 20th Every reporting month for monthly and quarterly reports accordingly.
- Work with the Deputy FAM/FAM to make sure all the generated CTS reports (CSR, RSR, Draft CSSS, CTSS, Sector report, project narrative reports, summary statements, MEAL reports) are uploaded in the Disaster Grants Database on schedule.
- Generate Draft CSS and CTSS and upload by 10th every month and follow up to make sure they are submitted to and signed by WFP before posting timely on the Disaster Grants Database(by every 40 days after posting draft).
- Timely reporting and accountability to the donor and WVI.
- Ensure that all documentation and records pertaining to commodity movement, distribution and losses is updated daily.
- Follow up to ensure all distribution reports are completed, verified and signed by the Field coordinators and FAO.
- Ensure timely submission of the replication and backups which include field reports, warehouse reports etc by 5th of every month for timely consolidation at the NO.
- Liaise with FAO to ensure timely submission of beneficiary lists and backups by 10th of every month.
- Maintain a neat, organized and chronological filing system, ensuring that hard copies of the recommended reports are available and easy to access at any required time.
- Update the shipment registers and shipment receipt summaries to make sure that the soft copy and files are up to date for easy accessibility on monthly basis.
- Update the Loss claim registers and loss files to make sure that the soft copy and the files are up to date for easy accessibility on monthly basis.
- Ensure all losses are properly tracked, accounted for, reported to the donor with explanatory memo.
- Maintain a well updated registers for losses, distribution reports, shipments, backups and invoices, returns and all documents achieved. Capacity Building of Staff on CTS, reporting and documentation.
- Leads capacity development with field staff to ensure adequate LMMS/CTS coverage.
- Work with FAO/ FAM to supervise and provide training for all staff on issues of commodity accounting and reporting.
- Number of training and capacity building initiatives resulting with field staff being able to use digital systems in food assistance.
- Represent/ support other NO project in food assistance forums as advised by program management.
- Support other UN projects in posting their report in the Disaster Grants database as when required and if they do not have a reporting staff with rights in the database.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Food Assistance Officer or his/her designee
- Participation in FAIR Interest group and contributions that benefit the growth of systems or commodities management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision Food Assistance Information and Reporting Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer Science or IT or any other related course from a recognized University.
- At least two years in commodities management or accounting.
- Solid networking skills – able to set up, securing and administer wireless ad-hoc peer-to-peer networks. Ability to isolate and troubleshoot network connectivity difficulties accordingly and through running IP configuration tools, resetting wireless connections. Understands TCP/IP protocol.
- Knowledgeable of Relational Database Management Systems – exposure to MySQL highly desirable, including the use of database management tools (such as MySQL Query Browser and Administrator).
- Ability to troubleshoot IT problems – both hardware and identify software failings. Aware of how to log, track and systematically troubleshoot IT problems.
- Prior experience with WV CCTS system and or UN WFP Compass/SCOPE/GDT system is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of WV, WFP and USAID regulations pertaining to relief food commodities tracking accounting and reporting
- Solid background in the Window Operating System – XP/Windows 7/10 in particular. Comfortable invoking, stopping or restarting System Services, installing and uninstalling software, creating user groups and setting up user privileges.
- FAIRO/LMMS certification is an added advantage.
- Database management.
- Good hand on experience in Excel, Access.
- Experience in humanitarian digital system.
- Experience in working with LMMS.
- Experience in WFP finance reporting, Invoicing is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of WV, WFP and USAID regulations pertaining to relief food commodities tracking accounting and reporting.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 15th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com