Job Title: Contracts Team Lead
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets energies on a global scale: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables and electricity. Our 105,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, cleaner, more reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies puts sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Management of CONTRACTS Team / Function:
- Day to day supervision, organisation and control of the CONTRACTS Team/ Function.
- Participate in the Contracts Committee Meetings including preparation of the submission packages.
- Promote and implement continuous improvement initiatives within the CONTRACTS Team/ Function, with reference to processes, procedures and reference documentation.
- Lead duet meetings with Métier partners and technical managers.
- Assign and coordinate the contracts workload across the team of contracts engineers.
- Manage the CONTRACTS Team/ Function personnel in cooperation with the Métier Partners, respect the Group Contracts Metier system of reference, the local constraints, and the eventual « synergy » action plans defined by Group Contracts Metier TGP.
- Assess and monitor competency levels of CONTRACTS Team/Function to identity any skills gaps and required interventions needed to enable the effective execution of contract activities.
- Communicate good practices and “lessons learned” to C&P Team on contractual matters.
- Assist the Métier Partners on all contractual activities.
- Ensure national content is always taken into consideration in all contracting activities.
- Apply COMPANY contracts templates and frame agreements or FALTC signed by headquarters.
- Adapt standard and template contractual documents to local conditions.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to all contract owners/entities with respect to contractual matters.
- Liaise with C&P Methods/planning/market and Line Manager for C&P referential, reporting and statistics matters.
- Manage and oversee the contracting processes from prequalification, through contract award up to contract close-out in accordance with applicable company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Receive and review requests or scopes of work from requesting entities to enable translate their requirements into clearly defined expressions of commercial intent.
- Organize Call for Tenders (CFT) or Request for quotation (RFP/Q)
- Supervise the establishment of the technical contracts including most complex contracts and orders.
- Validate or ensure validation of all the contracts content and processes (including partners approval) within the CONTRACTs function.
- Support the update of COMPANY’s suppliers database by providing inputs from prequalification and call for tender activates.
- Conduct spot / selective audits to drive compliance and ensure correct application of contractual terms and conditions
- Intervene in the settlement of lawsuits, in relation with the Juridical, Insurance, Finance and TGP Metier, by proposing strategies and actions and also participating in the negotiations.
- Monitor department KPIs to ensure improvement of efficiencies for CONTRACTS Team/Function.
- Keep local content of the specimen contracts templates (general conditions, particular conditions) up-to-date, and adapt international versions to local requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely global reporting of the CONTRACTS Team/Function to the C&P Management and to Group TGP Métier.
- Keep and maintain a good working spirit and full transparency with the company stakeholders and provide the necessary coordination with other key positions within the company organisation with respect to contracts.
- Provide comprehensive progress reports to the Contracts & Procurement Manager, thus allowing for the senior management decisions and actions as required, in order to avoid delays, schedule and costs impacts.
- To set up and proficiently manage the CONTRACTS Team/Function in accordance with the project size aligned with the project specific objectives including recruitment of adequately skilled / competent resources
- Supervise the contracting process for all contracts activities, and particularly:
- Preparation and processing of advertisements for Call for Tenders to be published in the Ugandan local media as when required
- Coordination of the prequalification process of potential contractors and suppliers.
- Preparation of the Call for Tender documentation
- Review / assessment of contractual/commercial “volumes” of the call for tender
- Preparation of Recommendation to Award documentation in conjunction with the Technical Duet
- Participate or undertake negotiation of the contracts
- Organise Contracts Committee meetings, as and when required
- Debriefing of unsuccessful bidders in accordance with COMPANY and regulatory requirements as applicable.
- Supervise & coordinate the administration of contracts, and particularly:
- Review contract administration and management documentation submitted by contractors & vendors.
- Ensure consistency & adequacy of documents such as performance bonds, bank guarantees, invoices.
- Preparation of official correspondences with contractors.
- Attendance to periodic meetings with contractors as required.
- Provide guidance on contractual and commercial aspects during the negotiation of change orders.
- Assist the company contract representatives or contract owners in the timely issue of interim and final certification, application of any notification window mechanism and adoption of any selected options
- Manage the preparation of the Call for Tenders and coordinate the selection process for all technical assistance required for the execution of the project.
- Actively monitor relevant market to gather information to facilitate the update of both market conditions and the contractors/suppliers information.
- Be open to receive contractor/supplier representatives and proactively build and maintain relationships with contractors/suppliers in order to secure positive, constructive and cost-effective commercial agreements for the project.
The Job Holder manages the compliance:
- Verify that company’s contractual policies and applicable laws and regulations are adhered to, especially related to ethic and transparency.
- Verify that procurement contracts and procedures comply with the standards of the company and the agreements with the partners.
- Ensure the application and respect of the procedures in the tender process.
The Job Holder adheres to the H3SE rules:
- Raise awareness and provide guidance in directing employees under their supervision with regard to the execution of the HSE rules, both for company staff, and suppliers without detracting from contractor’s legal obligations.
- Assure themselves and the persons under their supervision of the safety of the workplace to avoid danger to persons, installations and avoid impact to the environment.
- Ensure H3SE clauses are always included in all the contracts
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Contracts & Procurement, Business, Law , Engineering or any other related field, Procurement Qualification (CIPS) is an added advantage
- Minimum 10-12 years’ practical, relevant and progressive experience in preparation, negotiation, monitoring of complex technical contracts in the onshore and/or offshore oil or petrochemical industries with international project experience.
- Proven experience in contracting processes and project services.
- Knowledge and understanding of project services and contracts
- In depth knowledge and understanding of different means of contractor remuneration and their commercial implications and practical experience of their use.
- Good communication, managerial & organisational skills, capabilities to take high workloads & work under pressure, able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong team leader able to take proper actions & decisions to respect targets, including reporting to his /her manager.
- Ability and willingness to effectively and robustly challenge the views of contractors, suppliers and internal contacts, and negotiate reasonable settlements whilst maintaining good relationships and sharing expertise and knowledge as appropriate.
- Capacity to train newly recruited C&P personnel in Affiliate.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com