JOB TITLE: PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (1 Position)
REPORTS TO: PROCUREMENT MANAGER
JOB GRADE: D1
This role will provide advisory to end users on appropriate procurement methods, market prices, evaluation of bids, terms of reference and report on the procurement process for goods, works and services.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the development and tracking of the Procurement and Disposal Unit strategy in line with the organization’s strategy.
- Advise end users in the preparation of the annual Procurement Plan
- Verification of completeness of procurement requisitions from user departments and advising them on how to improve their submissions
- Take decisions on the choice of the procurement method, and shortlist bidders based on the established procurement guidelines.
- Prepare the solicitation documents for works, goods and services; advise Contracts Committee on the appropriateness of the solicitation document, justification for the choice and evaluation criteria.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers and recommend the award of contract or otherwise.
- Engage with different stakeholders in and out of the fund to facilitate the achievement of departmental and organizational objectives
- Liaise with suppliers and project managers regarding updates and details of goods
- Create purchase orders and tally these with supply requests and orders
- Analyze invoices to ensure accuracy of goods delivered
- Analyze bid offers during the evaluation process, comparing them with the approved budget and making reports.
- Attend meetings with the legal department to ensure any contractual obligations are favourable to the company
- Supervise the entire budget estimation and sourcing operations.
- Assist in asset management procedures as and when required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Quantitative Economics, Legal, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or Procurement.
- Professional qualification -CIPS will be an added advantage
Work Experience: 3 years of hands-on experience in procurement-related functions in a busy public/commercial institution is required.
- Commitment & Integrity
- Proactivity & Innovation
- Getting Work Done
- Relationship Building
- Communicating and Influencing
- Resilience & Resourcefulness
- Thinking and Problem Analysis
- Procurement Strategy Management
- Contract and Supplier Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Category Management
- Inventory/Logistics Management
- Market Analysis(Advanced)
Interested individuals should click https://forms.office.com/r/xxCnQZmK0b to fill out the application form and also send copies of their application letter, curriculum vitae and academic qualifications, addressed to the Chief of People and Culture to email@example.com by Friday 26th August 2022.
Women are encouraged to apply. Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.