Organisation: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Specialist
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has a global mandate to improve nutrition, increase agricultural productivity, raise the standard of living in rural populations and contribute to global economic’ growth. Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO’s efforts – to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives.
Job Summary: The Internship Programme of Human Resources aims to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains. The Programme provides a learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO. Through the FAO internship experience, interns will contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The intern will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) listed below:
- Support in community planning, implementation and monitoring of projects/gender related activities
- Support and participate in conducting and planning for gender analysis studies, trainings and assessments organized by FAO Uganda
- Support in the documentation of gender success stories, best practices and case studies
- Support in follow up and monitoring of interventions by IPs to ensure timely gender responsive implementation and reporting of activities
- Assist in drafting routine correspondence, memoranda, letters, invitations and other documents
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Internship must be enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http:// www.whed.net/
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of Uganda.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply to this Call for Expression of Interest.
- All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office and contacted again, if selected.
- Candidates, who have already undertaken an internship assignment at FAO, will not be eligible for another internship.
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 26th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com