Job Title: Field Procurement Officer
Organisation: Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is a multi-lateral development financing institution located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. It was founded in 1973 by the Finance Ministers at the first Organisation of the Islamic Conference (now called the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation) with the support of the king of Saudi Arabia at the time (Faisal), and began its activities on 20 October 1975.
Job Summary: The Field Procurement Officer will carry out duties related to the planning, implementing and monitoring of project procurement related activities within the locations associated with the Regional Hubs to fulfill the development mandates of the Bank. This role ensures effective compliance to the procurement guidelines for successful preparation, appraisal, implementation and completion of the approved development projects in the assigned countries. Contribute in the development of policies and strategies and capacity building in the area of project procurement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Policies, Procedures & Processes:
- Ensure effective implementation of the policies and procedures as per the Procurement Guidelines of the Bank.
- Provide Technical advice to the project teams of the beneficiaries through the Operations Team Leader (OTL) in the preparation of project procurement .
- Contribute to the development of procurement policies and procedures considering the Member Countries’ needs, IsDB Group priorities and the best practices in other MDBs
Project Procurement Management:
- Extend Project Procurement Facilitation and Implementation Support at entry, during implementation and at completion to improve quality in the overall project management and delivery.
- Provide support in risk assessment in projects as per the Procurement Guidelines and follow-up with the concerned parties in-order to maintain acceptable risk mitigation measures.
- Support in the elaboration of project concept notes, preparation and appraisal of projects in-order to provide the required advice on procurement matters.
- Organize project start-up workshops, conduct staff briefings and provide necessary support for the Country portfolios.
- Reviewing and clearance of Procurement Documents (RfP, BD, PQD, EoL, GPN, SPN etc.) received from the beneficiaries and ensure their compliance with the IsDB requirements
- Contribute in the resolution of procurement issues from various stakeholders, including those related to inputs in complaints handling as per the guidelines, in-order to deliver the bank’s required levels of service in all interactions with stakeholders.
- Contribute in the capacity development of concerned stakeholders through organizing and preparing specialized workshops on project procurement policies and procedures as per the procurement guidelines of IsDB, both internally and externally.
- Contribute in the preparation of Country Procurement Assessment Reports (CPAR), Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR) & Project Procurement Audit Reports.
- Prepare periodic briefs on procurement related issues in-order to ensure concerned parties are briefed regularly on project activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Certification in purchasing / procurement would be preferred.
- At least five years of experience in project procurement in a multi-lateral sector.
- Knowledge of MDBs Public Procurement.
- Country Procurement Knowledge
- Country Portfolio Assessment
- Project Risk Assessment
- Procurement Policies and Procedures
- Project Management skills
- Stakeholder’s management.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 19th September 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com