Job Title: Credit Analyst
Organisation: Uganda Energy Credit Capitalisation Company (UECCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager, PIU at UECCC
Uganda Energy Credit Capitalisation Company (UECCC) is a Government of Uganda Company in place to facilitate investments in Uganda’s Renewable Energy Sector. The UECCC’s main objective is to provide financial, technical and other support for renewable energy development in Uganda with particular focus on enabling private sector participation.
The Project Implementation Unit (PIU) at UECCC will be established as part of the UECCC Organogram to implement the financial intermediation component for increasing energy access through stand-alone solar technologies, financing of internal wiring of premises, promotion of efficient appliances for productive uses, and clean cooking solutions nationwide (at households and institutional level), including in refugees hosting districts. The UECCC will also support electrification of public institutions, including public schools, public health centres, public water supply systems and so on, through stand-alone solar technologies.
Job Summary: The UECCC seeks to engage the services of a Credit Analyst to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the EASP project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Credit Analyst will be dedicated to the implementation of the EASP project, and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the four Program Managers during the process of issuing indicative offers (terms and conditions) to potential borrowers and beneficiaries of the EASP programs
- Review and assess the financial soundness of all transaction proposals prepared by the Program Managers
- Ensure that the assessment reports include risk analysis and suggested risk mitigation measures as appropriate
- Enhance the quality of financing and/ or transaction proposals for submission to approving committees and authorities
- Ensure that that financing transactions meet the applicable EASP project compliance measures
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager, at UECCC, provided these duties contribute to achieving the development objectives of the EASP project
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honours degree in a Business or Science related field from a recognised university.
- Master’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field from a recognized university will be an added advantage.
- Five year of relevant work experience in appraisal of financing transactions with reputable bank(s) or financial services organisation(s).
- A high level of interpersonal and management skills and ability to work with teams in the organisation at all levels.
- Must be self-driven with ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and deliver amidst tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
How to Apply:
All candidates should fill the online application form at the link below.
Deadline: 8th September 2022
- Each individual may only apply for a maximum of two (2) positions.
- Any candidate who tries to influence the recruitment process shall be immediately disqualified.
- All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division, KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com