Job Title: IT Security, Standards and Architecture Manager
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Business Technology
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the position of IT Security, Standards and Architecture Manager in our Operations (COO) Domain to support our expansion strategy.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Head of Business Technology, the role holder will be responsible for leading the IT Security, Architecture and Operating Standards team that is responsible for developing, reviewing, and overseeing the implementation of the Enterprise IT security, IT standards and Architecture frameworks that support the bank to achieve its strategic objectives in a secure way.
The role shall ensure technology alignment for the secure storage, processing, and transmission of corporate data along principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and as well provide advice in the space of the IT security, IT architecture and IT Operating standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Security and Operating Standards Team leadership and management.
- Design, advise on and enforce IT Systems Security and standards.
- Design, advise on and enforce Enterprise IT Architecture in the Bank.
- Deliver and maintain a coherent long-term Enterprise IT security Plan in line with commercial frameworks and the bank’s IT policy.
- Ensure dfcu Bank IT systems Audit readiness by supporting audit issues resolutions and carrying out pre-audit inspections of technology platforms.
- Design and execute a technology vulnerability assessment plan for dfcu
- Coordinate engagements with the 3rd party incident response teams and drive the delivery of value from these service providers.
- Enforce technology configurations control and management.
- Analyze IT environments to identify security and architecture deficiencies and enforce enhancement solutions based on leading industry Enterprise standards.
- Support the CCIO team on Applications architecture design and security.
- Supporting the systems release management process and ensuring IT Security and architecture acceptance testing.
- Document and inspect all key system components, interfaces, infrastructure, and communications standards that enable systems performance qualities, such as availability, security, scalability & recoverability.
- Reviewing all incoming systems for IT Security and Operating standards alignment.
- Inspect all production system changes for alignment with IT Security and standards along all their Architecture, interfaces, protocols, and technology standards.
- Design and carry out IT Security assessment and advise on corrective actions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a University Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or another numerical biased Degree.
- An advanced (Masters or Postgraduate) University Degree in Information systems, Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or another numerical biased Degree.
- Certification in IT Security and/or Forensics.
- At least seven years of broad experience in design, development and implementation of information Systems and communication systems.
- Strong technological skills in Server hardware, Storage (NetApp), Operating systems (Windows & LINUX), Security & Network infrastructure, etc.
- Working experience in Information Systems Architectural design.
- Knowledge of product design and product lifecycle management.
- High proficiency in Information Systems and in research design tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to lead, supervise and transfer knowledge to teams.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Able and willing to solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information; and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned tasks maintain a positive attitude under stress conditions.
- Disposition to share knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the organization.
- Team leadership experience.
- Advanced Business Architectural & IT Security skills.
- Analytical Thinking & Inductive Reasoning.
- Planning and Organization.
- Strategic Perspective – Establish priorities, challenging goals, and measurements consistent with these goals and organizational vision.
- Critical Judgement and Decision-Making – Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions to obstacles.
- Good Communicator – Presents ideas effectively, clearly, and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills – Create a culture of continuous development and ownership with self and the team.
- Inspire Commitment –Actions and behaviours are consistent with words.
- Self-Development – Pursues positive change in self and organization.
- Drives own personal development plan.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below.
Deadline: Wednesday 31st August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com