Job Title: Transition Specialist
Organisation: National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager IT Security
National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself as the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of choice, providing exceptional customer service and better operations with a well-motivated and skilled workforce, we are looking to recruit persons with high integrity and dedication to work with us.
Job Summary: The role is primarily accountable for the overall quality, improvement, execution, and enforcement of the Fund’s IT Change Control process. He/she is the main coordinator within this process and is the focal point regarding changes for IT in the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule changes and ensure appropriate resources are assigned to execute the requested changes.
- Identify, analyze, and prepare risk mitigation tactics for the requested changes.
- Maintain the change schedule and projected service outage.
- Perform change impact analysis, assess change readiness, and identify stakeholders for the requested changes.
- Review all change requests for compliance to required standards according to established guidelines.
- Evaluate completed change requests to ensure the change management process was followed and recommend improvements.
- Ensure all necessary communication, documentation and testing is done prior to approval.
- Maintain pre-authorized and standard change lists
- Prepare for the Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings by having the appropriate changes and respective stakeholders present/available for the meetings.
- Present the requested changes to CAB for authorization
- Ensure all necessary documentation is availed and reviewed to inform the emergency change decision.
- Obtain emergency change authorization from CAB.
- Continual review and improvement of the change process from best practice, risk/audit reviews and training.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, software engineering, Information Technology or related field
- Professional qualifications in, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or related certifications.
- Work Experience: 5 years working in a busy IT environment and 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Commitment & Integrity
- Proactivity & Innovation
- Getting Work Done
- Relationship Building
- Communicating and Influencing
- Resilience & Resourcefulness
- Thinking and Problem Analysis
- Research and Investigation
- Business Process and Project Management
- Risk and Control
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Computer-aided auditing techniques
How to Apply:
All Interested individuals should Click Here to fill out the application form and also send copies of their application letter, curriculum vitae and academic qualifications, addressed to the Chief of People and Culture to email@example.com
Women are encouraged to apply. Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Deadline: Friday 26th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com