Job Title: Client Services Officer (UN Customer Service Jobs)
Organisation: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Chief, Client Service Section
Job Opening Number: 22-Administration-RSCE-189097-R-Entebbe (R)
The Regional Service Centre in Entebbe, Uganda (RSCE) was established in July 2010, following the adoption of General Assembly resolution 64/269. The Centre provides efficient, client-oriented and scalable services with the goal of moving transactional, non-location dependent administrative functions to the Centre from its client entities. This includes transactional elements of human resources, finance, multimodal movement and control, personnel and cargo transport and information and communications technology (ICT) support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Client Services Officer (Service Management) will be responsible for managing client service operations including client query management and managing the Client Support Unit (CSU) and carry out the following duties:
- Lead and Coordinate tier 1 and 2 query management process to deliver efficient customer service.
- Supervise the call management process for the Unit to ensure that it is efficient, and customers are being responded to on time.
- Deliver and facilitate training of customer service representatives.
- Serve as point of contact for any case escalation from the Process Experts and Customer Service Representatives.
- Monitor staff ratios to ensure customer needs are met.
- Participate in quality assurance activities to assess performance, to align to service level agreements, and improve performance.
- Participate in the management of overall day-to-day client relationship.
- Champion the culture of measurement, monitoring metrics and continuous improvement for process experts and customer service representatives.
- Gather information for monitoring Unit metrics.
- Ensure effective and optimal service delivery as per the defined and agreed upon service level agreement.
- Compile and validate information for service delivery specific risk assessment and mitigation strategy.
- Closely work with the client counterpart to resolve escalated issues.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Ensure service is delivered in line with agreed controls and procedures, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Initiate and support continuous improvement opportunities (both system and procedural).
- Collect and provide information for monthly key performance indicators.
- Serve as point of contact for any case escalations from the Customer Service Representatives (CSRs).
- Work closely with the client counterpart to resolve escalated issues.
- Monitor and manage staff ratios to ensure customer needs and Tier 1 volume inquiries are being met.
- Monitor the delivery of Tier 1 and 2 service as per the defined and agreed upon service level agreement.
- Support the Tier 1 and 2 service delivery specific risk assessment and mitigation process.
- Support recruiting, staffing, and onboarding processes as appropriate.
- Oversee performance management processes and completes performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Oversee time management processes (e.g. time approval, scheduling, etc.)
- Coach and mentor the process experts and customer service representatives to continuously improve performance and achieve individual and team objectives.
- Coordinate and liaise closely with key stakeholders as well as operations management as appropriate.
- Report on the operational objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Client Services Officer job must hold a first level university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) or Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Social Science or a related field. Required.
- At least five years (in combination with a master’s degree), or 7 years (in combination with first level university degree) progressive experience in a customer service function, programme management, public administration or related area is required.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools used by RSCE and UN Missions e.g. System Application Product (SAP) is required.
- Experience working in a United Nations common system field operation (inclusive of peacekeeping, political missions and UN agencies, funds and programs) – or similar international organization or non-governmental organization – in a conflict or post-conflict setting is desirable.
- Experience in a shared services environment is desirable.
- Previous experience in governmental or non-profit organization, preferred is desirable.
- Experience developing and implementing processes, procedures, systems and / or standards is desirable.
- Languages: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of quality metrics and customer services metrics, service level agreements and customer survey techniques. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
NB: The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The United Nations does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 21st September 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com