Job Title: Credit Officer – Western Region (Several Job Opportunities)
Organisation: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Uganda
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: Responsible for preparation of customer loan applications, assessing their creditworthiness, generally managing customer relationships and loan portfolio as guided by the institution’s Credit policies and annual operating plan.
Interested applicants should be willing to work in any of the following locations: Ibanda, Ishaka, Kagadi, Kyotera, Lyantonde, Mbarara, Nakivale, Ntungamo Branch, Rukungiri, Rushere and Sembabule.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loan mobilization: Supports all effort at branch level to grow assets by participating in mobilization campaigns, scheduling meetings for potential loan applicants to obtain information on loans and answering questions about the process, available loan types or credit options that are available including the terms and conditions governing borrowing.
- Appraising loan files: Analyses loan applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans to be submitted to the branch credit committee in compliance with set loan standards of the institution.
- Presents & defends loan file to the branch Credit committee: responsible for presenting client’s loan files and defending them with facts, business cases and analyzed information to support a credit decision to be reached by the branch credit committee (for loans below 5M) or referred to the region/ Head office (for loans above 5M).
- Loan compliance: Conducts monitoring (daily) of client’s loan performance in line with agreed terms and conditions of the loan and per set credit policy and procedures at UGAFODE to guarantee a qualitative loan portfolio for the institution.
- Reporting: Undertakes reporting (day- to-day) on all client loan compliances, non- compliances, incidents arising out of bad loans and trends in loan repayments as well as any feedback to support a qualitative portfolio.
- Loan recovery efforts: Provides the leadership regarding recoveries at branch level by being accountable for client loan application process, analysis and the subsequent decisions thereof. This includes: monitoring of loan performance and reporting, KYC/AML procedures of the client, loan collateral and recovery procedures that may arise out of poor loan management.
- KIVA Project initiator: Responsible for dissemination of KIVA project information to all clients, (those borrowing up to 5M), helping them to complete application form and submitting it to the Credit Supervisor to be uploaded into the system.
- Loan documentation: Responsible for collecting, receiving, completing and updating all client loan files with loan information as and when needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of Diploma in microfinance/finance/ accounting/business administration/marketing/ education/agriculture/ social development studies and any other related courses.
- Good planning and organising, Customer service, Team work, Influencing and negotiation skills
- Business drive
- Numerate personality with strong analytical skills
- Must be trainable /fast learner
- Knowledge of the full MS Office suite
- Experience working for community development field operations/sales/SACCOs
- High level of integrity
- Ability to ride a motorcycle and with a valid riding permit
- Must be between 22 – 25 years of age
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements, submit to the Head of Human Resource via our email: email@example.com an application letter, copies of certified academic documents & CV. The CV should include telephone contacts & email address of 3 referees one of whom should be your most recent employer. Subject line should include your name & job reference no. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly via Tel. Numbers 0800223900 or 0753119107 (what’s app only).
Note: Females & youth are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 8th September 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com