Job Title: HR Officer
Organisation: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: Responsible for supporting the development and attainment of HR strategy by facilitating and enabling fast and effective execution of HR transactional tasks in collaboration with Line Managers and the entire HR Team. The job holder manages the general operational aspects of the HR function in partnership with Business partners in delivering a comprehensive and efficient HR service delivery to the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Payroll management & administration: Prepares/processes the pay roll both in the manual and Human Resources Management Information system (HRMIS) and ensures that all statutory requirements are obliged with.
- HR Records Management: Responsible for all employee related data and ensuring that employee information is always updated both in the HRMIS and personal files and manages both their access and retrieval. Ensure efficient management of the central database system.
- Managing contracts: Engages, monitor and manage all HR outsourced contractors for services through HR such as Insurance, medical cover, welfare, consultancy etc. to ensure that such are in compliance to SLA and UGAFODE policies and procedures.
- HR Administration: In charge of managing the administration of employee leave, benefits, welfare by compiling, verifying and approval as well as filing and tracking in line with set institutional standards and procedures.
- Staff Advances: Processes all staff loans and advances against budget and in compliance with other internal borrowing procedures, recommends them for approval/decline and updates the same with the pay roll to ensure full compliance and management of recovery.
- HR Business Partnering: Serve as the HR Business Partner for HR related service advisory for (Risk, Compliance, Legal, HR and MD Secretary) support functions.
- Separation Management: Manage the administrative aspects of the staff separation process arising out of staff or bank decision in line with HR policy.
- HR Letters: In charge of processing and issuance of all HR correspondences due to employees; timely, accurately and per standard formats, and ensures effective filing and centralized management for update and retrieval as per institutional information management procedures.
- HR Reporting: Develop daily/weekly/monthly reports on HR operations activities. Ensure the necessary management information required (HR Analytics) is provided to the business departments as and when needed in enhancing efficiency & accountability
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor degree in Human Resource, Social Sciences, Psychology or business administration. A post graduate diploma in HRM is desirable.
- At least three years of professional experience in Human Resource Management in a competitive business environment.
- HR professional membership and Professional certification (e.g. CIPD SHRM, HRMAU) is desirable.
- Knowledge of the Uganda Labour laws and familiarity with the International Labour laws
- Sound knowledge of Banking HR Operations, Proficient in MS Office and Human Resource Management systems (HRMIS).
- Excellent analytical & decision-making abilities, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and Team leadership skills
- Influential and persuasive at all organizational levels
- Solution-focused, Innovative and flexible thinker with a strong “can do” attitude
- Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as stated, submit an application letter together with an up-to-date CV to our email: email@example.com. Save the Documents as Your Full Name & indicate the job title you are applying for in the Email Subject Line. Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources.
Deadline: 31st August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com