Job Title: Director of Supply Chain
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and ensure the country programmes’ overall Supply Chain function is effective and efficient and are accountable to its beneficiaries and donors as well as develop and implement strategies and plans to ensure that overall programme Supply Chain: Supplies and Procurements, transport and asset management, warehouse management are met according to agreed programme activities and resources utilisation priorities and SCI systems, polices, and procedures
- Ensure an efficient and effective Supply Chain service across all programs and field offices. This includes implementing, monitoring and following-up across all Supply Chain disciplines to ensure that SCI’s Supply Chain polices, standards, and best practices is adhered to.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- MSc/MA degree in Procurement/ Purchasing and Supply Management, Public/ Business Administration and other related fields.
- Professional certification in Procurement i.e. CIPS or equivalent qualification.
- At least twelve years’ progressive practical experience in the field out of which 5 years at high level managerial/directorial position
- Experience in running complex and high-volume procurement processes and in high volume contracts negotiation (>USD 1 million) with financial benefit delivery
- Proven and significant experience in international procurement and contract management, financial knowledge including an ability to review procurement demands and trends, and to develop strategies to fill identified gaps.
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
- A high level of computer literacy (word, excel, ppt etc) and use of Supply Chain ERPs
- Field level experience in Supply Chain for INGOs in international development and emergency programmes
- Knowledge of key institutional donors and their compliance requirements in respect of Supply Chain and procurement
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time
- Highly organised with good administration skills for order and information management, able to develop filing systems and databases to ensure an auditable trail.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 10th September 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com