Job Title: Credit Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: TPO Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
TPO Uganda is a local Ugandan NGO that has been operating in the country for 27 years. Our programs comprise interventions organised around the following themes: Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Care and protection of OVC; child protection, livelihoods support, response and prevention of all forms of violence against women and children as well as emergency response and humanitarian action. TPO Uganda is active in over 45 districts in the region and is a member of several partnerships and coordination mechanisms in the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementation of business and action plans to grow the group and individual loan portfolio.
- Regular training of TPO Microfinance client in financial literacy to enhance their ability to responsibility consume financial services.
- Execute activities that foster good customer relationship, build brand loyalty and contribute to institutions profitability
- Lend and prudently manage the portfolio to remain within the required standards
- Lead internal and external sales activities to increase the loan sales to meet branch target.
- Profile key customers and stake holders for better relationship management to better business and remain sustainable.
- Design sales strategies to better branch loan sales in volumes and quality.
- Submit daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annually and annual performance reports on the products and services to line manager.
- Proactively plan for the loan products to yield the required target in volume and quality.
- Support in implementation of marketing plans to penetrate the market segments.
- Train and mentor non-credit field staff of TPO Uganda to understand the lending methodology
- Give feedback on the products and programs of TPO Uganda
- Implement policies and procedures of the organization as well as feed back on areas of improvement.
- Execute any other duty that may be assigned by line supervisor and the organization from time to time
Key performance indictaors;
- Number of groups formulated.
- Number of groups trained for lending and financial literacy program.
- Volume of loans disbursed.
- Quality of loan portfolio/ Asset in percentage (Portfolio at risk (PAR)and Non-Performing Loa (NPA))
- Income generated (Ugx in Fees and Commission)
- Net portfolio growth (Ugx) and Case load (number of active loans)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, Economics, Management, Statistics, Microfinance or Social Science.
- Post graduate training in any relevant field will be added advantage.
- Attention to details
- High level of integrity
- Ale to coordinate multiple
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent persuasion, negotiations and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and ambitious
- Good verbal and written communication
- Customer service skills
- Business intelligence and result driven
- Fluent in Luo
- Ability to ride a motorcycle
- Proficiency in basic computer knowledge
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs with cover letters that include 3 work -related referees and table showing your past 3 years salary history: Human Resources Manager, TPO Uganda, P.O Box 21646 Kampala, Uganda, email: email@example.com Plot 652, Block 257, Wamala Close, Munyonyo (Attached as one document of 2MBS)
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- TPO Uganda is committed to ensure safeguarding of children and adults from harm and is an equal opportunities employer that does not discriminate on any basis.
- TPO Uganda is committed to providing a work environment free of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
Deadline: 21st April 2023