Organisation: Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Alliance Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
The Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Alliance Uganda is a consortium of organizations that stand for and promote young people’s SRHR. The SRHR Alliance Uganda is comprised of organizations with strong niche, expertise, and experience in key aspects of SRHR programming for vulnerable and marginalized groups of adolescents and young people. Our work is geared towards ensuring that all young people have access to high-quality and friendly SRHR information and services within a supportive environment.
Job Summary: The Project Officer will be responsible for the successful implementation of the project in the Bukedi sub-region. He/she will provide field based technical and administrative support to the SRHR Alliance Uganda Secretariat.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spearhead implementation of project activities in the target districts of Busia, Butaleja and Tororo.
- Hold responsibility for the development of project work plans and schedules of activities.
- Supervise and provide technical support to the implementing partners.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual project progress reports,
- Lead in organizing workshops and meetings related to project activities in the target districts.
- Participate in support and supervision visits to partner CSOs and targeted local governments.
- Be responsible for compiling activity reports and accountabilities
- Responsible for networking and creating partnerships with the districts and local
- partners in Bukedi sub-region
- Represent the SRHR Alliance Uganda in meetings and events, especially as delegated by the Programs Manager
- Maintaining accurate records of the project activities and related documentations.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in Law, Development studies, Social sciences or any other related discipline from a recognized University.
- At least one year of experience of working with an NGO involved in SGBV, SRHR or HIV/AIDS work.
- Previous experience working with young people will be an added advantage.
- Young persons below the age of 30 years are encouraged to apply.
- Good verbal and written communication and analytical skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good Advocacy and social mobilization skills.
- M&E skills and experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously with local communities.
- Team work-oriented and capable of managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to accomplish tasks under tight deadlines, quickly and efficiently.
- Knowledge of SRHR and SGBV programming for adolescents and young people in Uganda is a must.
How to Apply:
All interested individuals may submit their applications by email to the address provided below. The application should include:
- Cover page /Motivation letter
- Paged CV.
The application should be addressed to the Country Director and clearly labelled
application for the position of: “Project Officer”, SRHR Alliance Uganda”
The application should be sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SRHR Alliance Uganda,
Plot 29 Commercial Road, Ntinda
Tel: +256-393 254 466
Deadline: 14th April 2023 by 5:00 pm