Job Title: Principal Corporate Communications Officer
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The National Environment Management Authority (hereinafter called “NEMA”) was established under the National Environment Act, Cap.153 in May 1995 and continued under the National Environment Act No.5 of 2019 as the principal agency for environment management in Uganda charged with regulating, supervising and coordinating all activities relating to the environment.
Job Summary: The Principal Corporate Communications Officer will effectively coordinate and manage the communication function of the Authority
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spearhead the development and implementation of Work Plans, Budgets and prepare timely reports
- Develop and implement a robust communications strategy
- Build and manage the image and reputation of NEMA
- In liaison with the Executive Director, act as the spokesperson of NEMA
- Publicize and effectively communicate NEMA programmes to all stakeholders
- Effectively promote accurate media coverage about NEMA’s mandate
- Coordinate preparation of regular press releases, statements and articles
- Coordinate the implementation of NEMA Client Charter
- Participate in the development of NEMA’s newsletter
- Develop and promote corporate social responsibility programs
- Mobilize resources for communications and public awareness programs
- Supervise, appraise and mentor staff
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Mass Communication, Public Relations or Journalism
- Master’s degree in Environment and Natural Resources, Mass Communication, Public Relations or Journalism.
- Should have at least a minimum of six (6) years post qualification professional relevant working experience in communications and public relations three of which should have been at Senior level in a reputable institution.
- Leadership, team building and supervision skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent scholarly writing and publication skills
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Financial and human resource management skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Resource Mobilization skills
- Risk management skills
- Command of excellent Information Communication Technology skills
How to Apply:
Staff of Uganda Police Force, Uganda People’s Defense Forces, Uganda Wildlife Authority and the Uganda Intelligence Services who have requisite requirements for the positions of Manager Environment Protection Force, Principal Environment Intelligence Officer, Principal Investigations Officer and Environment Protection Officer may respond to this Internal Advert for only the said positions subject to their internal clearance processes as appropriate.
Potential candidates should download an application form, Download Here, and fill the form and attach “O” and “A” level certificates, Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates, Professional certificates where applicable and Employment letters in one pdf file named: “Position-Name of Applicant”.
The one pdf file should be submitted to email@example.com
Applications not in one pdf file and those arriving after closing time will not be considered.
Applicants are allowed to apply for not more than two posts. Those who applied for the re-advertised jobs, need not to reapply except if they have now acquired requisite qualifications.
Deadline: 16th April 2023