Job Title: Site Manager (Earthworks and Infrastructure)
Organisation: Mota-Engil Africa
Duty Station: Uganda
Mota-Engil is a Portuguese group in the sectors of civil construction, public works, port operations, waste, water, and logistics. The Mota-Engil Group comprises 228 companies within three major business areas Engineering and construction, Environment and Services and Transport concessions operating in 21 countries through its branches and subsidiaries, including Mota-Engil Engenharia e Construção, S.A., Tertir, SUMA, INDAQUA Manvia, Vibeiras, Ascendi and Martifer.
Job Summary: The Site Manager (Earthworks and Infrastructure) will be responsible for overseeing structural works on the Project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for construction management
- Responsible for Preparing Structural Drawings.
- Responsible for verifying Architectural Configuration.
- To Finalize materials on the construction site (Particularly of Structural Frame).
- Finalize the Structural System and Type.
- Determines the Location of Expansion Joints.
- Responsible for Structural Analysis and Design.
- Responsible for Detailing the Structural Elements.
- Oversee the performance of the earthworks scope on the project.
- Set procedures and conduct quality inspections.
- Design and install IT Infrastructure on the project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in civil engineering or bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with 10 years of experience working on large construction projects will be considered in lieu of the master’s degree in civil engineering.
- At least five years of proven work experience with professional knowledge in international construction management, rehabilitation, and urban and regional planning.
- 5 years of experience working on metallic structures, reinforced concrete structures, and repair of structures is a must.
- Advanced knowledge of current industry software such as AutoCAD, Revit, and Robot.
- Membership to a professional engineering body.
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below