Job Title: Investment Analyst
Organisation: Outbox Hub
Duty Station: Uganda
Outbox Hub is an Incubation, collaboration and co-creation space for techies in Uganda. Creating awesome products and businesses on mobile and web.
Job Summary: As an Investment Analyst, you are responsible for providing operational support to our youth entrepreneurship program in the region within which you are stationed. The primary emphasis of the role is to support our regional entrepreneurs and replicating partners during the implementation of our youth employment programs. You will ensure that our replicating partners are equipped with the knowledge and tools to conform to our standardized program, the entrepreneurs in your location have access to the support they need, and other partners that include private businesses, and local government are engaged on a regular basis in our activities. You will work closely with the venture development associates on a day-to-day basis.
We are looking for innovation catalysts to represent us in Northern Uganda and West Nile. You are expected to be permanently residing in those regions full-time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage and manage relationships with various stakeholders that include the local Governments, universities, replicating partners, etc. Act as a liaison between the stakeholders and the Outbox team. This will include setting up and attending coordination meetings, interagency meetings, and
- Various activities within your region;
- Support with the logistical aspects of our entrepreneurship programming. This will range from reserving accommodation for participants, communicating with our participants to show up, and securing venues for training to mention but a few;
- Provide follow-on support to the teams and young people accepted into our programs/projects as per the planned activities. This will involve following up with spot check visits to track implementation, following up to ensure they are sharing any deliverables requested from them among others;
- Provide support on work plan monitoring as part of our monitoring and evaluation activities
- Participate in the generation of activity reports as per the work plan and templates provided;
- Support with the delivery of training to our participants as and when required;
- Support with the development and management of our communities of practice in your region;
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business, development economics/financial inclusions, finance;
- At least three years of work experience in community-based fieldwork, building and managing volunteer communities/communities of practice;
- Experience with using modern digital tools for documentation and project management, including G-suite, slack, JIRA,
- Strong understanding of MSME segmentation (from early-stage startups to growth-stage SMEs and the systemic challenges affecting their growth with a particular understanding of Uganda’s context;
- Experience with supporting youth employment initiatives
- Experience in at least two fields that include Agribusiness, Health systems, financial inclusion, tourism, education, and ICTs
- Experience in supporting large donor programming including UN initiatives;
- Strong ability to communicate progress and learnings from projects to colleagues
- Strong listening, documentation, and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills;
- Excellent project management skills, including handling multi-stakeholder projects
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities;
- You pay attention to the various sensitivities of various cultures;
- Ability to self-supervise as well as hold others accountable for work-related commitments and deliverables, and consistently and all the time follow through on such commitments;
- You are fully resident in your proposed duty station;
- The ability to speak other regional local languages is an added advantage
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Investment Analyst — [Name of region e.g Northern Uganda]” in the subject line. The deadline to submit
Deadline: 19th April 2023.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.