Job Title: Senior Accountant
Organisation: Savior Microfinance Limited (SML)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Savior Microfinance Limited (SML) is a microfinance company that is duly registered in Uganda.
Job Summary: We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented senior accountant to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and updating financial records, preparing financial reports, and assisting with budgeting and forecasting. You will work closely with other members of the finance team to ensure that SML’s financial transactions are accurately recorded and reported.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update financial records, including reconciling bank statements and ensuring that all transactions are accurately recorded
- Prepare financial reports, including balance sheets, profit, and loss statements, and cash flow statements
- Perform the budgeting and forecasting function, including creating and monitoring budgets and making projections about future financial performance including reports on variance against budget on a monthly basis;
- Conduct internal audits to ensure that SML’s financial records are accurate and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Provide financial guidance and support to other departments within the organization
- Work with external auditors to ensure that SML’s financial records are accurate and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Regularly review for adequacy operational and financial controls in the business (systems, processes and people) and recommend changes to the management;
- Manage the payroll and file returns to the regulator and other statutory bodies on monthly, quarterly and yearly;
- Review the completeness of the asset register and confirm that it is in line with the company accounts;
- Review management and financial reports for completeness and preparation of board papers on a monthly and quarterly basis respectively;
- Approve payments and check that all accounting transactions are posted to the correctly
- Develop a comprehensive, financial disbursement system based on established electronic payment platforms to limit cash transactions and reduce the risk of fraud.
- Establish strong internal controls to mitigate against the risk of financial fraud.
- Supervise the day today work of the accounts and administrative officer and other accounts personnel
- Support the non-finance staff through in house trainings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree of Business Administration/Accounting and finance or related field.
- CPA or professional training in ACCA is a MUST.
- At least five years of experience in Finance and accounting section in a financial organization.
- Experience working with electronic systems required.
- Demonstrated experience in supervision of support staff
- Strong organizational skills
- High integrity and ability to work under pressure
- Experience in working with loan management system and accounting software.
- Fluency in English, written and oral communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft excel, word, power point and access.
- Good report writing skills
NB: Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by May 1, 2023, consider your application unsuccessful.
How to Apply:
Deadline: 25th April 2023
NB: Only selected candidates will be contacted.