Job Title: Markets Sales Dealer
Organisation: ABSA Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK) is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
Job Summary: The Markets Sales Dealer will;
- To implement the Treasury Sales business strategy according to the Business and the Absa Global Markets Sales Strategy and Policies & Procedures, and in line with Country and Group Values.
- To deliver Exceptional Performance through Sales, Service and Relationship Management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Treasury Sales Dealing
- Under the guidance of the Head of Global Markets Sales , actively participating in the implementation of the Global Markets Sales Strategy in line with the Retail and Business Banking Global Markets Sales Strategy and country sales requirements through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Drive and Monitor Performance of Retail & Business Banking forex sales through the branch network to grow revenues and sector customer base under assigned portfolios to meet set targets.
- Ensure that all branch FX transactions are advised and covered through the FX trading desk for efficient management of FX position
- Acting as the primary point of contact for both internal (Retail &Business Banking) and external Global Markets Sales clients, ensuring regular face-to-face engagement with the RBB team to promote teamwork.
- Build and Maintain Productive and strategic relations with customers, stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth.
- Support delivery, availability and visibility of treasury products across Channels and contribute to new products development/ customisation for the RBB segment.
- Manage one’s Direct Dealing Mandate (DDM) client portfolio, to include:
- Daily contact with DDM clients
- Regular face-to-face interaction with DDM clients
- Regular contact with principle Relationship Managers.
- Co-ordinate Branch Visits to build staff product awareness on forex business and other treasury products and services.
- Under the direction of the Director, Global Markets and Head of Global Markets Sales achieving a leading position in the chosen products, markets and segments by:
- Spending at least 50% of one’s time meeting with existing and identified new clients
- Giving superior customer service to the Branch network
- Driving forex sales through targeted sales initiatives and product packaging through branch network and directly to key RBB Customer segments.
- Presenting the full Absa product set to clients whilst managing the product portfolio to suit client needs
- Engaging with and delivering on RBB Global Markets initiatives to grow the client base and the product distribution
- Undertaking customer visits and joint customer visits within RBB
- Actively participating in client events with the Global Markets unit and RBB, including training and seminars, and Entertaining clients as permitted under the bank and group compliance policies
- Managing one’s client portfolio to generate strong growth and sustainable returns over the business cycle with special focus on Customer Service and Financial Performance
- Ensure that Counterparty credit limits are not exceeded
- Assisting the Head of Sales in achieving strategic and tactical objectives
- Ensure Strong cross selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients.
- Maintain a detailed and current standing of the Industry (at a Macro, sector specific and regulatory requirements) to ensure that opportunities are realized and risks are mitigated.
Sales and Relationship Management
- Agree, meet and exceed targets for specific sales and portfolio targets
- Liaise with none sales staff to drive in branch referrals and develop a sales pipeline by sourcing leads and closing them.
- Build relationships with customers through portfolio management thus growing the branch balance sheet.
- Maintain own sales performance statistics for management information usage.
- Refer to the appropriate area of delivery for specialist product help or advice (e.g. Risk Management Products) when uncertain about the product delivery or application process. Respond directly to the customer.
- Participate in specific product campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
- Ensure accuracy of each client requirement with regards to need and product solutioning.
- Maintaining a strong compliance culture
- Adhering to all the policies and procedures of the bank
- Ensuring that all deals are dealt within dealer limits (market risk limits, counterparty limits, dealer’s mandate)
- Ensuring high quality of service to all clients (reputational risk)
- Providing weekly reporting on client growth, volume and profitability in one’s own portfolio
- Providing detailed Management Information to the Head of Sales on the composition, performance and profitability of the client portfolios on a monthly basis.
- Assisting the Head of Sales with any ad-hoc reporting requests
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The applicant for the ABSA Bank job must hold Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join ABSA Group in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 20th April 2023