Organisation: British High Commission (BHC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 4,096,341 /= per month
The British High Commission is the diplomatic liaison office that aims to develop and maintain close bilateral relations with Uganda, in accordance with British government policies. The British High Commission is responsible for the political relationship between the UK and Uganda, and we provide advice and guidance on political and governance issues. BHC provides assistance and documentary services to British nationals in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Kampala Help Desk (KHD) Officer will be a member of the Corporate Services team (CST), which is the largest team in the mission providing support to both UK-based and country based staff (CBS) in areas of Finance, HR, Procurement, Protocol, Transport, Estates and IT to enable them to carry out their work as effectively as possible. Corporate Services team delivers their service to the mission through a web-based ticketing system called Kampala Help Desk (KHD).
The KHD Officer role is an intersecting role that requires one to coordinate work across the CST team. The KHD Officer will be the link between Corporate Services Team and its customers through managing Kampala Help Desk requests, responses and linking them to the CST priorities and budget spend to ensure efficiency of the team though the highest levels of customer care.
The KHD Officer will also provide support to Estates and Accounts by coordinating payments invoices, and requests. They will also provide administrative support as and when required within Corporate Services to ensure business continuity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Managing Kampala Help Desk Customer Care Service (65%)
- Liaise with CST/CSM to draft replies to complex KHD requests/issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Redistribute tasks to the relevant CST team members in coordination with Estate Manager/DCSM/CSM while flagging urgent/problematic areas.
- Providing advice/guidance and sign posting customers and suppliers/contractors in relation to the Corporate Services Charter
- Identifying and flagging invoicing problems/issues with contract managers and suppliers in a timely manner
- Collating and analysing corporate services request data regularly to CSM
- Collating KHD requests and providing weekly updates to Estate Manager, Transport Manager, and IT Manager.
- Developing KPIs for the KHD system, to be reviewed each year.
- Training new staff on KHD, and providing log on credentials for staff and spouses
- Liaising with IT to update the KHD system and communicating these to users through a communication campaign.
Support to Estates Team (20%)
- Collating Estates and maintenance KHD requests to provide support to the Estate Manager to run daily checklists from KHD.
- Participate in spot-checks and updating of the inventory and stores raising any concerns with the team leads.
Providing support to Accounts team (5%)
- Supporting the accountant where possible with administration of Tax Returns,
- Supporting the Accountant with the process VAT and fuel returns by collating returns for filing
- Supporting the Accountant in management of staff debtor’s, following up with debtors and raising any upcoming issues in time with the accountant
Providing Administration support to the team (10%)
- Tracking invoices using the invoice tracker to ensure they are paid in line with policy.
- Providing Reception cover and relief as and when required.
- Calendaring Corporate Services events and take minutes of meetings.
- Playing an active role in the wider High Commission through a corporate contribution, for example active membership to a committee.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the British High Commission Kampala Help Desk (KHD) Officer job must hold a Degree in Finance/ Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration or similar discipline.
- Experience in providing administrative support in a busy environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Excellent Customer care skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good spoke and written English
- Essential on arrival: English
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Excellent customer care skills
- Excellent knowledge of IT applications – including excel, MS Windows
- Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience working in a Diplomatic mission/ International organisation
- Required behaviours: Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the British High Commission should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 28th April 2023