Job Title: Senior Contract Engineer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets energies on a global scale: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables and electricity. Our 105,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, cleaner, more reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies puts sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead & organize the Contracts entity,
- Organize and control the Contracts function as a managed process daily.
- Organize and manage the contracts committee
- Establish and promote continuous improvement of Contracts practices, procedures & reference documentation.
- Lead Duet/Triplet demarche with Metier partners and technical managers.
- Coordinate the workload within the entire contract engineer’s workforce.
- Manage the Contracts personnel in cooperation with the Métier Partners, respecting the local constraints and potential synergies.
- Ensure the maintenance of the necessary level of competencies for the realization of the Contracts activities.
- Ensure communication of good practices & lessons learned to TGP on contractual matters.
- Assist the Métier Partners for all contractual activities
- Manage the Contracts entity activities.
- Manage the contracts processes.
- Receive requests or scope from requesting entities.
- Organize call for tender or request for quotation (including creating and executing a robust prequalification process and evaluation methodology of bidders prior to tender launch.)
- Evaluate offers, along with requesting entities (including a tender evaluation and coordinating its execution amongst the various concerned métiers (i.e. technical, HSE, national content, contractual and commercial).
- Preparing bid evaluation reports for the Ugandan authorities and JV-partners as well as internal recommendations to award.
- Supervise the establishment of the technical contracts, directly participate to the most complex contracts and orders.
- Validate or ensure validation of all contracts content & process.
- Verify the operation, utilization and updating of supplier’s database.
- Intervene in the settlement of lawsuits, in relation with the Juridical, Insurance, Finance and TGP, by proposing strategies and actions and by participating to the negotiations.
- Monitor KPIs to ensure improvement of efficiencies.
- Adapt Standard Contracts to local requirements.
- Ensure global reporting of the Contracts team to the C&P management and to TGP.
- Ensure that the terms and conditions of the contracts are executed correctly and diligently by all involved parties and handling any disputes which may arise with the contractors relating to the contracts.
- Assist in the evaluation of the contractors’ operational efficiency and HSE statistics against KPI targets within each respective contract and ensuring that the appropriate corresponding contractual mechanisms are applied (i.e. bonus, penalty, credit notes, LDs,).
- Assist in the preparation, execution and follow-up of Service Quality Meetings with each contractor, during which the contractor’s technical performance, HSE statistics and general pro-activity in optimizing synergy of logistics, supply chain management and project coordination are evaluated and scored, and corrective actions are collaboratively identified and agreed upon with the contractor.
- Assist in the revenue monitoring levels generated under each contract and applying the appropriate volume discounts.
- Draft and issue change orders and contractual amendments as required by the evolving project conditions.
Manage the Compliance
- Verify that company’s Contractual Policies and applicable laws and regulations are adhered to, especially related to ethic and transparency
- Verify that procurement Contracts and procedures comply with the standards of the company and the agreements with the partners
- Ensure the application and respect of the procedures in the tender process
Adhere to the H3SE rules
- Set a personal example in adherence to affiliate’s HSE procedures.
- Raise awareness and provide guidance in directing employees under their supervision regarding the execution of the HSE rules, both for Company Staff and suppliers without detracting from Contractor’s legal obligation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least 15 years practical, relevant and progressive experience in preparation, negotiation, monitoring of complex technical contracts in the onshore and offshore oil or petrochemical industries.
- International experience in drilling and wells contracts and procurement.
- Aptitude for managing multi-cultural entity and capacity to train newly recruited C&P personnel.
- Analytical mind for adaptive and pragmatic decision making and ability to assume challenges.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.