Are you our next Project Supervisor?
Do you have experience in overseeing different projects and project teams? Would you describe yourself as proactive, organized, and innovative? If so, apply for this position.
Key Result Areas:
• To provide effective project management expertise in all of Bank’s projects at program/project level.
• To effectively manage internal and external resources and stakeholders to ensure the successful development and delivery of all the Bank’s projects.
To act as the primary focus for all the Bank’s projects from an internal and external customer perspective and to have a delivery focus
• Support teams in the effective management of the Project life cycle, including the five process groups of project management and ensuring the ten knowledge areas of project management are engrained in the Bank’s Project Management apparatus.
• Aligning Needs Assessments for Strategic Projects by working with the project teams to develop project business cases, guiding teams, managers, and users on integrating the customer perspective using user stories and active feedback loops.
• Facilitate Project Roadmap Development with project and product teams to develop, set priorities and design credible delivery roadmaps.
Coaching and mentoring Project Teams through training the project and product teams in the standard project management Methodologies as may be applicable i.e. waterfall or agile methodologies to ensure effective project outcomes.
• Institutionalize standard project management Practices and Processes by working with the Head Strategy, Projects and Product Development to develop knowledge management systems to share best practices and information on product/project management throughout the Bank.
• Participating in calendar milestones and activities aimed at enabling the Strategy, Projects and Product Development department to achieve its mandate,
Lend support in the preparation and facilitation of the annual Strategy retreat
• Serving as a key resource and/or advisor in the development and delivery of the Bank’s digital transformation strategy.
• Supporting the innovation program directly and indirectly as the situation demands.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by your immediate supervisor from time to time
Minimum educational and technical competence requirements:
• The applicant for the Project Supervisor role must hold a Bachelor’s degree in either: Project management, a business or technology-related field or Monitoring and evaluation.
• Must be a certified Project Management practitioner (preferably, MPM Prince2, Agile practitioner or PMI Agile certified practitioner).
Certification in Business Analysis, such as: Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) is an added advantage.
• A minimum of three years of combined professional experience in a Project Management role in a busy office environment, but, practicing in a regulated financial institution shall be advantageous.
• Excellent people management skills
• Strong spreadsheet skills
• Strategic Thinker
• Data analytics/management, business intelligence and business analysis.
• Presentation Skills ·Strong analytical and business acumen.
• Resourceful, with a problem-solving attitude and willingness to think creatively to reach resolutions.
Collaborative and able to build bridges across cross-functional teams.
• Active listening skills, and the ability to listen for feedback, and validate and address concerns.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Position carries an attractive salary and benefits package.